Question about new service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BrianMis

Original PIT Dweller
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Western PA
I have Direct TV scheduled to be installed on 2/16. When I signed up for service I ordered the "The Choice XTRA Package + HD Access". I am receiving 1 HD (Non DVR) receiver and 2 standard receivers. HD receiver will go in the living room, 1 standard receiver in the bedroom and 1 standard in the kitchen. I really wanted the HD DVR but I was trying to get away with no startup costs. Anyway I was up at BestBuy last weekend and picked up a HR21-700.

I called Direct and told them that I picked up the DVR and asked her how to handle it on Saturday when the installers come. They also told me she noted on my account that I have the DVR. I was also told to call back to Direct before they activate the receivers to change my package so that they can transfer my promotions. Then they told me to call the install company and tell them I have the DVR. I called the install company and talked to someone who told me she would note my work order then told me to call Direct back and tell them to remove 1 of the standard receivers off the work order.

I know I confused the issue but what to you guys think is the best way to handle this come install day? I don't think I got anywhere with the install company. I want the HDDVR in the living room, the HD receiver in the bedroom and 1 standard receiver in the kitchen. I'm trying to avoid having to pay anything to the installers. I already have 2 RG6 runs to the living room there are also runs to all the other locations. It's going to be a pretty easy install for them. Mount the dishes, run the wires from the dishes into the basement where the switch will go, connect the wall runs to the switch.

Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks.

The installation company said that would remove a standard from the work order so you are good to go. They will just note that instead of a standard the HD DVR has to go in. The installer should have no problem, especially since you have all the lines run. In fact, I wish it was me doing the job because it sounds like a breeze. Either way the installer is going to see that it is a 3 room install.

Na, the installation company told me to call Direct back and have them remove it from the order.

I'm worried about nothing being noted anywhere and the installer shows up with 1 HD and 2 standard receivers, then gives me a hard time about the DVR.

Yea, it will be pretty easy, all they have to do is mount the switch where my cable taps are in the basement, run the dish wires to it then connect the wall runs and hook up the receivers. Heck the side of the roof that the dish goes on isn't even that steep. I just want to know what to expect if nothing was noted and I tell him I want my DVR hooked up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts