Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
There is a new national software release for the HR20- 100 & 700 starting 1/9/08.

This was released NATIONALLY 1/25/08

Key Changes:

IP Callback for those without phone lines
Video added to media playback
Significant changes to the Yellow button (now used for quick menu throughout system)

Here are the notes from DirecTV:
HR20-700 0x1EA
-- Staggered Nataionl Release started on 1/9/2008

Improved
Recording dependability
DoD - PgUp/PgDown consistent now
DoD - Resume playback of partially downloaded program
DoD - On Homepage the RED/GREEN will not lock up the STB when viewer is using a custom channel list that doesn't include the DoD channels.
DVR Scheduling - Recording reliability
DVR Scheduling - Properly handle cases where recording was already set
30 sec slip correctly ends when at end of buffer
Incorrect resolution display
Stability Fixes and Stability after Software Download
Green key cycles audio tracks
Faster signal meter
Fixed frozen video frame
Fixed CC characters from dropping
Fixed review buffer from exceeding 90 minutes
Support play from playlist while getting 771 message on ATSC channel
Misc UI Corrections
Improved search stability
Interactive app performance improved
Stability improvements

Updated
Items in the DoD download queue, will remain after a system reboot
HDTV is a searchable term (=High Def)
Term "VOD" can be used in keyword search
Red Button Delete disabled on Mark and Delete screen
Mediashare ThumbNails improvements
Fix resolution indicator in native mode
Reliability when IP address has changed

New feature(s)
Triple Tap Lookup for DoD: When on a DoD page, you can use the # keys on your remote to enter letters in "cellphone/SMS" style. AKA: Hit #2 Three times to get a C
Adult Channel Hiding: This is an update parental control that is currently on the R15. When you enable this, it completely REMOVES the adult rated channels from the listings, almost as if they don't exist.
SLB Updates: #1 - The live buffer should no longer EVER flush out for any other reason then changing the channel on the live buffer.
SLB Updates: #2 - Playback resumes from paused position on tuned channel
IP Callback: The ethernet/internet connection, will now be used for communication back to DirecTV for: PPV purchases, GameLounge, and other items that the phone line was required for
Mediashare Video Support: You can now access video files from your PC.
30 Second Skip: You will now have the choice between 30s SKIP or SLIP. To enable: Keyword Search 30SKIP or 30SLIP
Boolean Keyword searching, 3 new keywords AALL, AANY, NNOT
720p/1080i reminder pop up if TV supports but is in 480i/p and tune to HD channel
Guide: Channel Color shadding to represent subscribed vs unsubscribed channels
Shortcut for Closed Caption On/Off
Hitting DASH on a Full Screen, will display LAST 6 Digits of receiver ID
Edit Series Link options when no episodes are found
SWM Version displayed

Last edited:
What the heck?

How come when I force a software download (reset 02468) the receiver doesn't find the new release? It finds the software release I already have (01BE). :confused:

How come when I force a software download (reset 02468) the receiver doesn't find the new release? It finds the software release I already have (01BE). :confused:

It is a staggered rollout, starting in L.A. and working its way North and East. Until your box is authorized you will get the previous national release (they are both in the stream).

They do it that way to space out the tech support calls in case the download casuses any problems. Sometimes it is a few days, sometimes a few weeks, just depends.

How do I know which version I have? and for this 30skip enable, is it just ketword search from the movie search or is there another?

It is a staggered rollout, starting in L.A. and working its way North and East. Until your box is authorized you will get the previous national release (they are both in the stream).

my boxes were authorized last week but when i checked yesterday morning, i still hadn't gotten the download.

How do I find out which version I have?

Hold Info button for about 5 seconds. When the info screen comes up, the version and download date/time are displayed.

If you have a download this week, then you should have the new version.

To go to 30slip, all you do is a search for it by keywork, then all channels/programs.

After it says no results found, try playing something and using your skip button, it should be slip now (immediate with no fast forwarding/graphics).

How do you determine if your box is authorized?

Thanks ...
easy, when you turn on your hr20 do you recieve any channels other than 100, 101,200,201 then your box is authorized for instance tune to ch 242 usa network if it comes in your box is ready for new software download once it comes to your area

Just curious, but what will be the shortcut for closed-captioning? Thanks.

Just got word that the -100 series started stagger release last night, with the same exact notes as the -700 series.

Perhaps a mod can chane the thread title appropriately :)

I see it says stability correction multiple times. Does that mean it is going to fix all the pixelation problems I have on my HD channels? Can I get the update if I don't have a phone line, but am connected to the internet through a high speed ethernet connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts