HR20-100 & 700 National Software Release's 0x1EA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have had this happen several times. The guide seems to freeze up and there is no activity from any button on the remote, but if I wait for 30 to 45 seconds it comes back. So instead of rebooting, try just giving it a minute.

Mine HR20-700 isn't that slow, but it is definitely slower changing channels than before the update. I get the hangover in the guide from the previous channel, also.

I have had this happen several times. The guide seems to freeze up and there is no activity from any button on the remote, but if I wait for 30 to 45 seconds it comes back. So instead of rebooting, try just giving it a minute.

It happened one more time with the unit in the bedroom since my original post above and I waited 10 minutes with no luck. This time it was when I was turning the system off along with the TV. Nothing worked, no remote buttons, guide, info, nothing. The good news I guess is the main unit in the living room is behaving now.

So, I am just curious... does anyone that is experiencing issues with the HR20's responses (slow to respond or no response) have their HR20 attached to an Ethernet connection? My HR20 behaves poorly (lethargic guide, slow response to remote button commands, hanging for several seconds when reaching the end of a recording, freezing for a minute or (sometimes) until a RBR) -- but only when connected to the Ethernet. If it's not, it works flawlessly.

Obviously, my own experience isn’t enough to establish a cause-and-effect relationship, so I’m curious if anyone else has seen this that can support my hypothesis. Up to this point, I’d blamed it on using an older Wireless Bridge that may be unreliable (thus the HR20 may be wasting time connecting and reconnecting and getting hung there or something). If you aren’t connected to Ethernet and are seeing these problems, let us know that, too!

So, I am just curious... does anyone that is experiencing issues with the HR20's responses (slow to respond or no response) have their HR20 attached to an Ethernet connection? My HR20 behaves poorly (lethargic guide, slow response to remote button commands, hanging for several seconds when reaching the end of a recording, freezing for a minute or (sometimes) until a RBR) -- but only when connected to the Ethernet. If it's not, it works flawlessly.

Obviously, my own experience isn’t enough to establish a cause-and-effect relationship, so I’m curious if anyone else has seen this that can support my hypothesis. Up to this point, I’d blamed it on using an older Wireless Bridge that may be unreliable (thus the HR20 may be wasting time connecting and reconnecting and getting hung there or something). If you aren’t connected to Ethernet and are seeing these problems, let us know that, too!

I have the same problem, between the new software download and plugging in with an Ethernet connection, my HR20-100 was freezing. Non of the controls would work (could not turn off, etc). This was during and after the new software was downloaded. I called Directv and they sent me a replacement HR20-700 and other then taking for ever to be setup. It needed a software update and by the time it was updated and the OnDemand completed downloading, I am now freezing up again on the new receiver. If the receiver is turned off. It will is not record from the to-do list (History says recording was cancelled). I removed the RJ45 plug, reset the receiver and now it seems to be working ok. I am using two NetGear PowerLine adapters if it matters.

Last edited:
any of you who got this download experiencing loss of video and audio? both of mine have had intermittent episodes so a tech was over saturday to look at my stuff. he replaced the switch, tweaked my dish and was informed by his supervisor that there was a problem with this software that's causing the problem. a new software release should be forthcoming this week.

was wondering if any of you were experiencing the problem?

Actually on Saturday during the day both my receivers hung at the same time. I had to restart both of them and then they were fine.

I am also seeing quite often if I fast forward a recording and then start playing it, that the video or audio starts dropping out. I have to stop the playback, restart, and then it's fine.

I look forward to the next release.

I guess I've never tried to pause something while IN the guide, hmm, I'll have try that and see what happens ....
As for turning off the annoying sounds :eureka
Go to Menu> Set Up> System Set up> Audio> Sound Effects, press Select - Volume to OFF !

edit : I can pause while in the guide fine, what are you trying to do while your there ?

Jimbo

Sorry it took so long, but I still have this issue. It doesn't matter if I'm in the guide or in the listing of recorded shows or watching the show itself. There comes a point where sometimes it just refuses to pause. If I skip ahead a few times I can then pause it, but only for a few minutes. And then it unpauses itself. This doesn't happen if we're watching a recorded show.

This seems to happen most often like this:

We turn on the receiver at 2:15 PM. At this time it is recording show A, which lasts until 3:00 PM. We look through the list of recorded shows and start a show. It ends at 2:50 PM at which time we start another show. Repeat three or four times. So it's now, say, 5 PM and when that last show finishes, it begins showing whatever show was on at 3:00 PM (which was not scheduled to record) on that channel that show A was on. At this point if we try to pause it, no go. Nor is the program in the list of recorded shows and the "progress" bar on the show is green, not orange, indicating it's not storing the recording.

Status
Please reply by conversation.