HR20-100 & 700 National Software Release's 0x1EA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have switched to Vonage since the last update, but I hooked up the internet to my HR20-700. I am just curious if I need to find a way to hook up a phone to get the update.

Keep in mind, Those of you that download the CE's and are up to date, will not get the update that people are waiting for, as the current CE is more current than the 1EA update

Jimbo

I'm showing 0x15c, any ideas what this is? I dont want to miss out on this update.

The biggest feature in there for me is the 30 skip..I miss that from my Dish days :)

How do you determine if your box is authorized?

Thanks ...

what i'm talking about is a $0.00 charge for diretv on demand which was added to my account on the 8th. it was just like when the new hd started. directv has to authorize your account and dvr's (if i'm wrong, someone please correct me) to receive the software and/or programming.

what i'm talking about is a $0.00 charge for diretv on demand which was added to my account on the 8th. it was just like when the new hd started. directv has to authorize your account and dvr's (if i'm wrong, someone please correct me) to receive the software and/or programming.
Authorization for the software is done differently then how services are added to your account.

I suspect that the DoD $0.00 charge is a place keeper for when you order a $ DoD .

Ever since this upgrade we've had problems with Live TV. Most of the time we can't pause it, even if there is nothing recording. It will pause for a split second and then resume. Sometimes we are able to skip ahead immediately, other times it will make that "dum" sound for several skip button presses and then it will skip. After that it will allow us to pause, but only for a few seconds and then it automatically resumes the show.

Is this a known bug for this update? We hardly ever watch Live TV, but DirecTV has this idiotic notion that something must always be playing, rather than allowing Live TV to exist separately.

Is this a known bug for this update? We hardly ever watch Live TV, but DirecTV has this idiotic notion that something must always be playing, rather than allowing Live TV to exist separately.

Not sure if I follow you on this ....
something must always be playing ?

The buffer is always working , incase at any point you want to pause or rewind something.

btw, you can turn OFF the sounds if they annoy you, they added them in because the TIVO fans we upset about it.
It was the first thing I turned off once it showed up.

Jimbo

Not sure if I follow you on this ....
something must always be playing ?

Well if you're looking at the list of recorded shows, there is the little Live TV box in the upper right corner. There is no way to get that to go away. The best we could do is pause it, until this update. Now about 75% of the time we go to pause that box while we look for another show to watch (it's impossible to think while commercials are blaring away), it won't pause. It pauses for a split second and then continues the show.

The buffer is always working , incase at any point you want to pause or rewind something.

I don't mind that, I mind that it insists on playing back the buffer when there is nothing playing. There is no way to disable that, is there?

btw, you can turn OFF the sounds if they annoy you, they added them in because the TIVO fans we upset about it.
It was the first thing I turned off once it showed up.

How do I do that?

Well if you're looking at the list of recorded shows, there is the little Live TV box in the upper right corner. There is no way to get that to go away. The best we could do is pause it, until this update. Now about 75% of the time we go to pause that box while we look for another show to watch (it's impossible to think while commercials are blaring away), it won't pause. It pauses for a split second and then continues the show.

I don't mind that, I mind that it insists on playing back the buffer when there is nothing playing. There is no way to disable that, is there?

How do I do that?

I guess I've never tried to pause something while IN the guide, hmm, I'll have try that and see what happens ....
As for turning off the annoying sounds :eureka
Go to Menu> Set Up> System Set up> Audio> Sound Effects, press Select - Volume to OFF !

edit : I can pause while in the guide fine, what are you trying to do while your there ?

Jimbo

hr20-700 update

I have not received the update (1EA) in Maryland. I was wondering what is taking so long?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)