HR20-100 & 700 National Software Release's 0x1EA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This software release should now be nationally available.

If you still haven't received it come tommorrow let us know :)

Got it today and they really went backwards on one thing, the To Do list. While in My Playlist, you used to be able to press the Yellow button to see what was going to be recorded. Now you have to go to Menu - Manage Recordings - To Do List. Why didn't they just add it to the Yellow popup menu?????

The ToDo list change has had much controversy. I miss it too. Many have requested they add it back by pressing LIST twice, but so far they have not complied :(

I miss ToDo without 5 presses.

I switched from DirecTV to Dish Network about ten years ago (remember USSB?), so am very ignorant of DirecTV these days. The following item from above caught my eye:
Mediashare Video Support: You can now access video files from your PC.
Do I understand correctly that you can access and play video on your PC via an ethernet-connected receiver?
Can it also be remotely played via remote access to the home network (VPN, etc)?
If so, then this is very much like having a built in Sling Box. Very interesting!

In the left hand column of the channel guide, inow have a handful of opaque channel boxes. What's that all about?

I'm really glad they added the 30 second skip option. It's one of the few things I miss from my years with Dish Network. The easier access to CC is also nice. :)

OTOH, messing with the "to do" was a step backward. :(

When you do the search nothing is suppose to come up. However, the 30 skip should be enabled.

Is there something new about the 30-secondskip? I had it with the little right arrow button. Isn't that where it is now? I haven't checked if I have the new download yet, but wonder what has changed about the 30-second skip

In the left hand column of the channel guide, inow have a handful of opaque channel boxes. What's that all about?

those are channels you do not receive i believe.

i tried searching for "30SKIP" on a keyword search and it finds nothing. how can you change from the default (slip i imagine is the default)?

Is there something new about the 30-secondskip? I had it with the little right arrow button. Isn't that where it is now? I haven't checked if I have the new download yet, but wonder what has changed about the 30-second skip

30-Second Slip (Keyword: 30SLIP) - This is the default option. When activated (using the "->|" button), the viewer is "slipped" foward while showing the content that is being passed (at about FF x4) and the screen shows a progress bar to illustrate the movement. 30-Second Slip takes about 1-2 seconds to complete.

30-Second Skip (Keyword: 30SKIP) - This new option jumps from the current position directly to a position 30 seconds in the future. You do not see what is being skipped and there is no progress bar to illustrate the movement. 30-Second Skip is instantaneous.

To activate --
1) Click "Menu" button on the remote
2) Choose "Search for Shows"
3) Choose "Keyword"
4) Key in "30SKIP" or "30SLIP"
5) Choose "Continue"
6) Choose "All"
7) Choose "Done"

And you're all set! Play a recorded show (or pause a live broadcast to build up a buffer) and then try it out! I hope that helps everyone who may have questions. :D:D:D

Last edited:
those are channels you do not receive i believe.

i tried searching for "30SKIP" on a keyword search and it finds nothing. how can you change from the default (slip i imagine is the default)?

Well it's not very accurate, there's a good handful of channels I'm not subscribed to that aren't opaqued out, including 5 premium channels. :)

30 skip

I think the minor confusion on activating 30 second skip.
To switch between 30 second skip and 30 second slip is to go to menu, search for shows, keyword and then type in 30skip (no spaces) and continue. Then click all, when no results found comes up, click done. You set your receiver to 30 second skip. If you want to set it back to 30 second slip, follow the same procedure. Now that I played, I put 60skip and am trying to figure out if this works or not. I don't think it does, I think it stays at 30 seconds.
Jim

Has anyone experienced your HR20-700 locking up since the new software was installed? I've had to reboot both of my HR20s several times since the software came down on Thursday. Prior to that, I think I only rebooted once since signing up with D* last September...

Got it today and they really went backwards on one thing, the To Do list. While in My Playlist, you used to be able to press the Yellow button to see what was going to be recorded. Now you have to go to Menu - Manage Recordings - To Do List. Why didn't they just add it to the Yellow popup menu?????

That would be a good compromise solution.

Has anyone experienced your HR20-700 locking up since the new software was installed? I've had to reboot both of my HR20s several times since the software came down on Thursday. Prior to that, I think I only rebooted once since signing up with D* last September...

That is unusual, this software was in testing for months and was very reliable. What is happening that you have to reboot? Is it freezing, getting slow, etc? Anything you are doing that causes the problem to recur?

Hopefully we can help :)

I think the minor confusion on activating 30 second skip.
To switch between 30 second skip and 30 second slip is to go to menu, search for shows, keyword and then type in 30skip (no spaces) and continue. Then click all, when no results found comes up, click done. You set your receiver to 30 second skip. If you want to set it back to 30 second slip, follow the same procedure. Now that I played, I put 60skip and am trying to figure out if this works or not. I don't think it does, I think it stays at 30 seconds.
Jim

I was simply redoing a previous search and that does not seem to work. You have to retype in 30SKIP or 30SLIP for it to work.

That is unusual, this software was in testing for months and was very reliable. What is happening that you have to reboot? Is it freezing, getting slow, etc? Anything you are doing that causes the problem to recur?

Hopefully we can help :)

Nothing out of the ordinary. Watching any given station and when you go to try and use the guide or change the channel, it freezes up. It has also happened while watching recorded programs as well. I was quite surprised myself as I know this release was tested quite thoroughly. We've gone one day now with no reboots, so hopefully we're back on track.

Is anyone experiancing this? When I change the channel now, the title for the previous channel seems to stay and at the last second you may or maynot see what the title is of the program you flipped to. It has the wife going batty.

Seems to freeze

Nothing out of the ordinary. Watching any given station and when you go to try and use the guide or change the channel, it freezes up. It has also happened while watching recorded programs as well. I was quite surprised myself as I know this release was tested quite thoroughly. We've gone one day now with no reboots, so hopefully we're back on track.

I have had this happen several times. The guide seems to freeze up and there is no activity from any button on the remote, but if I wait for 30 to 45 seconds it comes back. So instead of rebooting, try just giving it a minute.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts