Question about ordering a Directv system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Josh_B

Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Rosedale, MS
I wasn't sure where to post this and I'm kinda hoping this is the right place.

Anyway, I'm looking into buying a new Directv system with tivo. From what I've read I'd like to get the R10 tivo and 2 D10 receivers. I found one site that has exactly what I want but I was told they would pre-authorize $450 on my credit card until the receivers were activated. My question is: Is this something that alot of places online do? I've never heard of having the money on my card held until the boxes are activated plus I didn't see anything on the website before ordering. Anyway, is it something lots of places do or should I look elsewhere to find my new system??

BTW this is my first post and I have to say this forum has helped me tons trying to figure out what I was looking for.

Josh

Josh,
I'f you've been reading our forum for a while then you know that most of us love Value Electronics.
I made my switch to D* from E* with the help of Value Electronics, back in October of '04. At no point did they require a deposit from me, or in any way held my money till my DirecTV account was active.

I suggest you give them a call, (800-789-5050) Robert and Wendy are the best. Plus, since you are a member here you automatically get a 10% discount, just be sure to mention it.

I have noticed alot about value electronics on this forum and after I posted last night decided to send them a quick e-mail and found out they don't do anything like that and they have a very cheap price. So I'm sure I'll be doing business with them as soon as I get my card.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

It's a rarity when I promote a company but Value Electronics has earned my trust and respect on many occasions and I don't hesitate at all to recommend them.

Robert will make sure you get the best deal and installation around. If you have any problems getting set up he will get on the phone with you and Directv to straighten it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)