Question about owned receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eastof111

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Anyone knowledgeable or has experienced selling their used owned receiver?

I have an HR24-100 on my account as owned. If I decide to sell it, will the buyer be able to utilize it on their account? Will the buyer have to get a new card or use the existing card? Haven't called Dtv yet to get their answer, as I imagine I will get many different answers.

Thanks

I've been looking at buying a owned receiver so if u decide to sell it I might be interested just let me know how much u want for it send me a private message of how much u want with the ird # so I can check with directv and make sure I can add this to my account as owned.

Anyone knowledgeable or has experienced selling their used owned receiver?

I have an HR24-100 on my account as owned. If I decide to sell it, will the buyer be able to utilize it on their account? Will the buyer have to get a new card or use the existing card? Haven't called Dtv yet to get their answer, as I imagine I will get many different answers.

Thanks

Can I ask how much you paid for the OWNED recvr ....
There are VERY FEW OWNED recvrs out there ...

I was told by the executive resolution team that there is no such thing as an owned HR24. Of course, this after a regular CSR told me the receiver I was buying was in fact owned, and could be activated on my account. The seller had confirmed that as well, but when I received it 3 days later I was told it was a leased receiver and I was in possession of property that was stolen from DirecTV. I ended up parting it out for the harddrive since Directv refused to let me use it and didn't want it back. The seller refunded my purchase price.

uhf said:
I was told by the executive resolution team that there is no such thing as an owned HR24. Of course, this after a regular CSR told me the receiver I was buying was in fact owned, and could be activated on my account. The seller had confirmed that as well, but when I received it 3 days later I was told it was a leased receiver and I was in possession of property that was stolen from DirecTV. I ended up parting it out for the harddrive since Directv refused to let me use it and didn't want it back. The seller refunded my purchase price.

Yeah, I have 2 HR24's and an HR22. All owned :)

Yeah, I have 2 HR24's and an HR22. All owned :)

Where did you get them? DirecTV claims that if you bought them, they were stolen from DTV by an installer. Not sure I believe anything DTV tells me though. The guy that sold me mine had three of them, all owned, until he sold them, then suddenly DTV claimed they were leased receivers. Probably just to try and sucker me into another contract ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)