Question about reception of 99 and 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jasonbird

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
I was hoping to get some help on something from you guys. I have a Slimline and a H20 reciever. I get reception on 101 (average 80), 110 (average 60) and 119 (average 50). I have 0 on both 99 and 103.

I'm wondering if this may be an LNB problem. Would D* come out and fix it or am I going to have to wait until the 99 and 103 start broadcasting?

Thanks in advance!

Do you get your HD locals with the H20? Looking at your signal strengths they should be higher for all sats. You might want to have Directv come out and realign the dish. Did Directv install it?

They installed it on a tripod (I live in an apartment) and when I moved I just set up the tripod again. The reason I moved was becuase I couldn't get 119 before due to a building. I do get my locals in HD. Will they come out and realign just for a higher signal strength (since I am getting all of the current channels)?

So you have the power to align on balcony. If you moved it, the presets are probably a bit off so you might need to optimize it in its new location.

Unless that tripod is rock solid and won't move at all you might just need to realign things. We had a wind storm and afterwards my 99 and 103 readings were s lot lower then the 101/110/119 readings were. 99 and 103 use Ka band which is a narrower wavelength and requires a spot on alignment to get a good signal. With the numbers you provided for 101/110/119 my bet would be work on the alignment more to get those up and the 99 and 103 will come back.

Thanks for the info guys!!!

I will give it a go when I get home from work tonight!~

I was hoping to get some help on something from you guys. I have a Slimline and a H20 reciever. I get reception on 101 (average 80), 110 (average 60) and 119 (average 50). I have 0 on both 99 and 103.

I'm wondering if this may be an LNB problem. Would D* come out and fix it or am I going to have to wait until the 99 and 103 start broadcasting?

Thanks in advance!

First you need to see which H20 you have (look under the smartcard flap) and which release of software. The H20-100 until the latest releases (0x2020 and 0x2021) did not show the 99 and 103 signals correctly. The H20-600 shows 103 OK but not 99.

If you have an H20-100 with new software or an H20-600 then the signal strength meter takes a VERY long time to show the signals.

And that's assuming there are any signals to see in your area.
All 99 and 103 transponders are spotbeams and you may see only the one transponder with your locals, especially if you are in the west. What's your zip code??

Have been too busy to try and dial it in. I am in Phoenix 85035.

Have been too busy to try and dial it in. I am in Phoenix 85035.

Phoenix HD locals are from a single transponder on the 103 satellite. There are no 99 spotbeams near you so you probably will not see anything on 99.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)