Question about Remote Access App

bruin95

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Sin City
I was wondering if there is any way of turning off the receiver with this app. I haven't been able to find a way. This presents a problem if I go away for an extended period of time. I don't want my receiver to be on (full power) for a week or two when I'm not home. I would like to be able to turn it off (standby) like I would be able to do with the sling app. Is there any way to do it, or do I have to shell out $30 for the sling app to be able to turn the receiver off after I'm done with it?

Your receiver will go into standby for the nightly update and unless you have turned off the inactivity timer it will switch to standby after the set period of inactivity. So it will not stay "on" until you return. Besides you won't notice any savings by not having it on.

Your receiver will go into standby for the nightly update and unless you have turned off the inactivity timer it will switch to standby after the set period of inactivity. So it will not stay "on" until you return. Besides you won't notice any savings by not having it on.

I've been meaning to do a kill-a-watt test with the 922 off and on, but I'm sure the difference is next to nothing.

If you're going to be away, unplug it. If you want recordings to still take place, obviously that will create a problem. It does go into standby mode on it's own. Not sure, but the manual might list the wattage is uses in different modes.

I guess I don't understand your request then... You said "is any way of turning off the receiver" using the remote access. Is this because you go away with little notice and aren't able to "turn off" the receiver or unplug it before leaving and you wan the ability to do it remotely ?

Now you say you want to be able to use remote access or sling.

I guess I don't understand your request then... You said "is any way of turning off the receiver" using the remote access. Is this because you go away with little notice and aren't able to "turn off" the receiver or unplug it before leaving and you wan the ability to do it remotely ?

Now you say you want to be able to use remote access or sling.

Turn off, as in standby mode. You can do that with the sling app, but not with the remote access app. I stated that in my original post. I thought it would be implied that I would be using remote access while I was away. Guess I was wrong.

It goes into standby mode on it's own. I think there's a setting for it to change the time before it kicks in (?), but I've never looked at it or changed it. I don't think you can turn it off or disable it entirely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts