Question About Satellite Location for My Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RickCathey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2003
I currently have two dishes installed. One from a DirecTV setup that I cancelled about two years ago but never took down the dish and a new VOOM dish.

It's my understanding that the HD CBS feed on E* is located on the same 61.5 satellite that the VOOM service is on. Since I can't receive but one local OTA I was thinking about getting just the locals and their CBS-HD service. According to E*'s website I am eligible for the distant stations package. My VOOM dish has a dual LNB which I could hook up to for the CBS-HD service but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what satellite that the locals are on for my area? I am located in Western North Carolina. I could re-aim my old DirecTV dish to the new satellite location if it was around the same location since I originally installed the dish myself to begin with.

Also can I receive the distant networks as well as my locals from E* or do I just choose one or the other?

Thanks for any info you could supply..
Rick

If you are in a white area you can get both distants and your locals. I am doing so right now. New York & L.A. + superstations=11.99 and I have Little Rock locals with AEP for 79.99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)