Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I have been trying to get my motorized dish to lock onto 58W with little success. So I'm going to try a fixed dish this weekend with a Universal LNB.

I'm pretty sure I was on 58W but not positive. Found a very strong TP at 12130 V 27000 7/8. Does anyone know what that is? My Quality was 98 but I cannot find it in LyngSat and I'm thinking it might be C--Band. I could not lock onto that TP - - - even though I tried for about 45 minutes.

I think a couple weeks ago we had some folks scan 58W and weed out the non Sky Mexico stuff (which is available near the Mexican border) and there was no other feeds

We might be outta luck on this one....unless someone with it already setup can verify

I must have been on 61W

I found reference to this TP on 61W - - - thus I'm not on 58W.

Still - - - - does anyone know what 12130 V 27000 7/8 is on 61W??

I just tried both at 61 w Amazonas(which I know can't be seen) & 58w Intelsat 9 which I can see from 118w x 34 n. 36" dish + dmx522 lnb, dg380 motor, cs7100 stb, ver 1.16 FW.

I was able to lock on to 12130 v 27000(94% S by 91% Q) at the 61 w position but no channel saved. In the CS menu for Intelsat 9,58 w, is a setting: 12135 v 27001 which also locks(94% S by 89% Q). But again no channel saved.

Since your location is in the souhwest yes Amazonas can reach this north
Telefonica TPs
11808 H - 26667 3/4 mas debil
11972 H - 26667 3/4
12012 H - 28888 3/4
12052 H - 28888 3/4
12092 H - 28888 3/4
12132 H - 28888 3/4
12172 H - 28888 3/4 mas fuerte

Please do not try to hack amazonas ok

"No hack talk"

It wasn't my intention to hack - it was only to contribute.

Version 1.16 firmware is a factory file for Coolsat.

Please be careful where you point that gun. Guns are always loaded.

It's a shame I have to be on the defensive here because I happen to be a 'newbie'.:rolleyes:

The above doesn't even come close to hack talk. Not sure what brought on that response.
Re the signal, looks like it's 12132V (according to the NIT), but that won't make a difference.
The signal is booming in here in Maine, so I guess that new sat has CONUS coverage.
The signal looks interesting in TSREADER, but I can't make any sense out of it.

BJ, are you getting anything on either TP

BJ, Are there any channels FTA on 61W?

Sorry, for the confusion - - - - It just seemed weird to me to see such a strong signal KU band that came back with nothing and it did not show as a data transponder. Maybe because the FEC is 7/8.

I have been trying to get my motorized dish to lock onto 58W with little success. So I'm going to try a fixed dish this weekend with a Universal LNB.

I'm pretty sure I was on 58W but not positive. Found a very strong TP at 12130 V 27000 7/8. Does anyone know what that is? My Quality was 98 but I cannot find it in LyngSat and I'm thinking it might be C--Band. I could not lock onto that TP - - - even though I tried for about 45 minutes.

Yup that is Sky Mexico like Iceburg said!:)

Yup that is Sky Mexico like Iceburg said!:)

??
I don't think Iceberg ever said this transponder was Sky Mexico. He said that we were talking about 58, not 61, which isn't really the case, as the discussion was about what that 12130V transponder was. That transponder does NOT seem to be on 58. I'm seeing it on 61, most likely on the new sat there. I don't see it at all when aimed at 58, but see it on two different dishes when they're aimed at 61. And as Qwert said, there don't seem to be any viewable channels on the transponder.

The data transponder is on Amazonas. I haven't seen anything on Amazonas 2 yet.

I'm curious how you can tell? Was it there before the new sat moved in, or is there something in the signal indicating which sat it's from? I don't see anything to identify it in the TSREADER display. The NIT has the freq, but it indicates 8.0W for the longitude, and doesn't seem to give any more info that would identify it.

Anyway, I sometimes see people indicate what sat signals are coming from when there are more than one at the same location, but I've never been able to figure out how they would know. Just curious.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts