Question about the legality/morality/ethics of "moving"

If someone else's behavior doesn't directly effect you, don't worry about it. I agree, the worst that can happen is Dish will make you "move" back. I guess from a satellite TV perspective I'm lucky, I live in the Portland, OR DMA but am in a genuine 'White Area" with regards to OTA. I get the Portland HD and SD channels but also qualify for all DNS networks through NPS.

NightRyder

You know you all just burn my butt. Whine and cry about moving. I wonder how many of you self rightness people have the networks. Throw rocks and tell how bad it is. Live in an area that don’t have their locals on the satellite. Then live in the country where hills are all around and ota is impossible. Then pay for a signal test to prove you can’t receive the ota and have the locals tell you oh well. Live with out the networks for a few months then whine and cry how wrong it is to move. I will bet most if not all of you saying how wrong it is can receive the networks by just pushing a button.. If this is true then you need to get off your white horse and clean the sh*** out of the barn.

You know you all just burn my butt. Whine and cry about moving. I wonder how many of you self rightness people have the networks. Throw rocks and tell how bad it is. Live in an area that don’t have their locals on the satellite. Then live in the country where hills are all around and ota is impossible. Then pay for a signal test to prove you can’t receive the ota and have the locals tell you oh well. Live with out the networks for a few months then whine and cry how wrong it is to move. I will bet most if not all of you saying how wrong it is can receive the networks by just pushing a button.. If this is true then you need to get off your white horse and clean the sh*** out of the barn.

AMEN BROTHER! :up :up

Bottom Line for me if the law is wrong then I will not accept it. It makes no sense not to allow us to pay for channels we want. That is Un-American. Our fore fathers wouldn't sit back and let King George lay down the law. They were rebels and thought for themselves. The Government should act in the interest of the people not special interest groups and lobbyist. This law is wrong in every sense of the word and I will not accept it.

Last edited:
If I move is their a problem with my phone line connected to my 622 having a different exchange with the same area code?

Thanks
Mike

Mike
no. Just leave the phone number the same. Hell I "moved" and my number on file is in a different area code (cell phone only) :)

I just can't resist. Doesn't a tax on tea seem a strange thing to have as a cornerstone of a whole revolution. A very small thing of not much more importance than lying to a satallite provider and paying for that service.

Take your shevra diction and self-justifying delusions and keep em. Bottom line is this is against the law, it is immoral and unethical. It doesn't matter what you think, it is ILLEGAL. That said, people will do it anyways. And I'm going to laugh my @$$ off when it does inevitably come back. Because the NAB is not known for their customer consideration...*

Yeah then prove it. What law specifically does moving break? Can you site one shred of US code or on piece of State statute that specifically makes moving a crime?

The answer is no you can not. You are either too lazy or too stupid to do research and prove your point. You spout off nonsense based on your belief system and although there is nothing wrong with that you do come off as preachy and lame.

Prove your claims or as Archie Bunker would say "Stifle it!”

The "only" crime being committed is fraud. However this is part of a private contract between two private parties and would have a hard time making it to a criminal court. The damages in a civil court would probably be negligible (as viewed by the plaintiff -- a multi-billion dollar corporation) so it is just overlooked.

See ya
Tony

Yeah then prove it. What law specifically does moving break? Can you site one shred of US code or on piece of State statute that specifically makes moving a crime?

The answer is no you can not. You are either too lazy or too stupid to do research and prove your point. You spout off nonsense based on your belief system and although there is nothing wrong with that you do come off as preachy and lame.

Prove your claims or as Archie Bunker would say "Stifle it!”

CJ,

I'm disappointed, direct personal attacks? You're not even going to try to approach the issue directly anymore? Running out of hypothetical banter and self-righteous proclaimations of fighting for satellite subscribers freedoms are we?

"Personal insults are the last resort of the ignorant." --MLK

In the Matter of Implementation of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and Competition Act of 1992 Development of Competition and Diversity in Video Programming Distribution: Section 628(c)(5) of the Communications Act Sunset of Exclusive Contract Prohibition, CS Docket No. 01-290, 17 FEE Rcd. 12,124 (2002("Program Access Order") at subparagraph 33-34, et al

News Corp. Order at Subparagraph 176, 202, 204.

Competition NOI at 17, 23.

ACA Comments
MB Docket No. 05-255
September 19, 2005

Uh oh....Zero can do research. Oh no!

I may have been a bit deceptive, but I don't see how I lied. I just called up and asked to change my service address. Never did I say I moved or that I was living at the new address.

I get my locals in HD, but not CBS. I spent a lot of money to get CBS from Los Angeles until dish cut that off. The locals from the new service address are much superior with more of the network shows in HD (even during crawls) and one of the local stations even has HD local news. Very satisfactory experience!

A couple of more questions please before I make the call. My service address would only move fifteen miles making me elgible for St. Louis locals. I want to make sure that my current 110,119,and 129 will read the St. Louis locals and being kind of a wimp here has anyone been questioned by a CSR about the address move?

Thanks
Mike

CJ,

I'm disappointed, direct personal attacks? You're not even going to try to approach the issue directly anymore? Running out of hypothetical banter and self-righteous proclaimations of fighting for satellite subscribers freedoms are we?

"Personal insults are the last resort of the ignorant." --MLK

In the Matter of Implementation of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and Competition Act of 1992 Development of Competition and Diversity in Video Programming Distribution: Section 628(c)(5) of the Communications Act Sunset of Exclusive Contract Prohibition, CS Docket No. 01-290, 17 FEE Rcd. 12,124 (2002("Program Access Order") at subparagraph 33-34, et al

News Corp. Order at Subparagraph 176, 202, 204.

Competition NOI at 17, 23.

ACA Comments
MB Docket No. 05-255
September 19, 2005

Uh oh....Zero can do research. Oh no!

If you took what I sais as an insult then you have got problems. If you took it as a personal attack then you have very thin skin.

As to your "research" what does that crap mean?

Here is Section 628(c)(5):

5) SUNSET PROVISION.-The prohibition required by para-graph (2XD) shall cease to be effective 10 years after thedate of enactment of this section, unless the Commission finds,in a proceeding conducted during the last year of such 10-year period, that such prohibition continues to be necessaryto preserve and protect competition and diversity in the dis-tribution of video programming

Upon further reading of the act it has nothing to do with the topic. It has to do with freeing up competion between rural sat and cable providers.

Nice try but no where in the crap that you posted does it say if a dbs customer "moves" it is illegal.

Nice try though.

BTW here is a link to the act that you mentioned. It was an interesting read!

A couple of more questions please before I make the call. My service address would only move fifteen miles making me elgible for St. Louis locals. I want to make sure that my current 110,119,and 129 will read the St. Louis locals and being kind of a wimp here has anyone been questioned by a CSR about the address move?

Thanks
Mike

St Louis on 118.7 so you need a different dish

If you took what I sais as an insult then you have got problems. If you took it as a personal attack then you have very thin skin.

As to your "research" what does that crap mean?

Here is Section 628(c)(5):

5) SUNSET PROVISION.-The prohibition required by para-graph (2XD) shall cease to be effective 10 years after thedate of enactment of this section, unless the Commission finds,in a proceeding conducted during the last year of such 10-year period, that such prohibition continues to be necessaryto preserve and protect competition and diversity in the dis-tribution of video programming

Upon further reading of the act it has nothing to do with the topic. It has to do with freeing up competion between rural sat and cable providers.

Nice try but no where in the crap that you posted does it say if a dbs customer "moves" it is illegal.

Nice try though.

BTW here is a link to the act that you mentioned. It was an interesting read!

ROTFLMAO, He thinks he can walk on water and acts like he never rolled through a stop sign or entered an intersection when the light was already yellow. Bet he never ate a grape at the grocery store either before buying. I could go on but thanks for looking that up. I also looked at it and realised that it said absolutely nothing. Guess he can't do the research.

After reading through his posts, I realised that he posts throughout the day. Unless he's retired or self employed, isn't someone paying him to be doing something else other than typing in forums all day? Just a thought.

Arlington TX customer 'moving

St Louis on 118.7 so you need a different dish
Iceberg:

Where do you find this kind of info?

I live in the Dallas locals market, and would like to receive 'Houston' or 'San Antonio' locals. I have a 121 SuperDish currently. Is this feasible?

E* is not one of the principals in a moving scenario. They are rather like the "fence" who trafficks in stolen goods. A mover is infringing the copyright of the owner of the content because he does not have a valid license to use the material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)