Question about the new (DIRECTV) receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

telecaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Since D* has switched over to only using D* receivers.I was wondering somthing.
Here is the manufacterers of the receivers
100= RCA/ Thompson
200= Samsung
300= Philips
400= Hughes
500= Humax
600= LG

But on the D* website,it only has the manuals for
DIRECTV D10
DIRECTV D10-200
DIRECTV D10-300
DIRECTV D11

Does D* even use the 400,500,600 series?

Thanks

When the D10 line was originally released they each had a different interface, hence the separate manuals, it wasn't until D* added the Directv Active upgrade that they all began to look the same (like a watered down version of the original D10-100) So really if you needed a manual for the D10-200 or 300 the one D* has up would be wrong you would be best off looking at the D11 manual for any of the D10 receivers.

Last edited:
stellar832000 said:
When the D10 line was originally released they each had a different interface, hence the separate manuals, it wasn't until D* added the Directv Active upgrade that they all began to look the same (like a watered down version of the original D10-100) So really if you needed a manual for the D10-200 or 300 the one D* has up would be wrong you would be best off looking at the D11 manual for any of the D10 receivers.

So all D10's abd D 11's have the same inerface on them now???

telecaster said:
So all D10's abd D 11's have the same inerface on them now???

Yes they do in fact all of D*'s new receivers have the same interface on them now, the only difference is that their DVR has recording features and the HD receiver can receive HD they did this so that it would be easier for customers to understand and also when troubleshooting a receiver the menus are almost exactly the same no matter which receiver you are using. They basically just standardized it across the board.

stellar832000 said:
Yes they do in fact all of D*'s new receivers have the same interface on them now, the only difference is that their DVR has recording features and the HD receiver can receive HD they did this so that it would be easier for customers to understand and also when troubleshooting a receiver the menus are almost exactly the same no matter which receiver you are using. They basically just standardized it across the board.

Wow.So A D10-200 which is a Samsung does not have the old Samsung user interface,(like when you put in a channel number it appears right in the middle of the screen) it it has the same as a d10-100 ??
Sorry if i seem to be repetitious with my question,just wanna make sure of this.

telecaster said:
Wow.So A D10-200 which is a Samsung does not have the old Samsung user interface,(like when you put in a channel number it appears right in the middle of the screen) it it has the same as a d10-100 ??
Sorry if i seem to be repetitious with my question,just wanna make sure of this.

When the D10's first came out they each had a different interface, then when Directv sent out the "Active" software all of the interfaces changed from what they were to the D10-100 interface (you know the blue one with the Directv logo in the top left) making them all look the same. To answer your question specifically yes it does have the same interface as the D10-100. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts