Question about this Service/Protection Plan...

apnk

Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
Idaho
In a few days I am planning to upgrade to HD for the World Cup and was told the 222k receiver would cost $150 + $95 for the installation fee, but it would only be $15 if I sign up for the Service Plan (which I assume is the same thing as the Protection Plan? Not word play from Dish?). So I was thinking (I already did a search and I think I know the answer but I want to make sure) can I get the service plan which will be $6 a month have my new dish installed for $15, then say in a month cancel the service plan? So in the end I would pay $150 + $15 +$6 +$25 to cancel it= $196 instead of $150 + $95 = $245.

FWIW, I do not want to lease a receiver, don't want to be tide down for 2 years.

Or can I get the service plan, buy the 222k from a dealer for $120ish to save some more and will Dish still install the new dish for $15? Oh and would that include a new dish and cables etc?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Consider that you may want 2 ViP211s instead of a 222 so you can have external hard drive(s) (EHDs) and 2 locations in HD instead of HD+SD.
-Ken

If you don't want to lease a receiver, your prices will increase dramatically. The prices quoted are to upgrade to a leased HD receiver.

If you purchase the receiver that will be fine. All you need to do is add it onto your account. Then add HD to your account. The system will then auto generate a w/o to get either 129 or 61.5 installed. The cost would be based on the warranty 95 with out service plan 15 with service plan. But the 1k.2 /1k.4 dish should be installed at no charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts