Question about Uniden equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That looks like a UHF converter kit, several of those old companies made IR to UHF kits to extend range of remotes back then. But curiously, the remote control in the picture is identical to the remote I have for a Uniden SQ560 receiver, just without the UHF logo on it. My old satellite installation/troubleshooting guide from 1986 shows Uniden made a UST 5000, 6000, 7000 receiver, the 7000 being the top of line with stereo audio and built=in actuator. The remote for the 7000 looks very much like mine, and the one in the ebay ad. Can't swear but I'd say its a good bet.
The brand name of that fancy remote control that everybody swears by,escapes me at the moment, but I remember you can go to the website for it and search the database for brands.
edit: It was Logitech Harmony Remotes....just for grins I searched their database and Uniden is listed but not UST100. That might still be a solution since they claim to have the biggest database of device codes around.

Last edited:
Thanks turbosat. :)
Reason for this is my 10ft dish is driven by a Toshiba TRX-120, that just decided to click off & right back on when I try to change satellites. I'm replacing the dish with one from my parents yard that has a 24" Thompson Saginaw actuator on it. (Current dish has an 18" Venture).
The replacement dish has 4 leg feed support, where the current one is a button-hook. I'm going to get this remote & give it a try when I get the "new to me" dish up. :D

Had a venture years ago, and it lasted a lot of years, never was lucky enough to score a Thompson Saginaw though, hehe. They say those are Cadillacs of actuators. I have one of those Toshibas still stored here somewhere too! Good box but has no display on front.

Yup, not sure if the problem is in the Toshiba or the Venture. Since I'm replacing everything it won't matter, but I'm still going to troubleshoot it first & keep the good parts. My 7.5 footer also has a Venture & it's still going strong. Good thing or I'd have NO C-band right now! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)