Question about universal remotes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grampi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Ohio
I need to pick up a new universal remote and this time I want a good one. I'm done with the cheapy All-For-Ones and other garbage remotes like it. I've been hearing nothing but good things about the Logitech Harmonys (as I should, they're expensive), but will they work with DTV's HD receiver/DVR?

I need to pick up a new universal remote and this time I want a good one. I'm done with the cheapy All-For-Ones and other garbage remotes like it. I've been hearing nothing but good things about the Logitech Harmonys (as I should, they're expensive), but will they work with DTV's HD receiver/DVR?

I have 2 harmony 880's. They work great with the HD Dvr. I have an HR-22 and an HR-23. You can sometimes get a deal on Amazon on these. The Harmony One is supposed to be excellent as well but costs more bucks

I have the 510. Works with the H21 perfectly. I struggled for years with 3 remotes (or more). It works my LG 42" plasma/Sony AVR/ and my new Blu-Ray (panasonic BD35)

Logitech Harmony One

The Harmony One is the only Universal that we've been able to stash all of our remotes away. Our whole family easily uses it. It was a little expensive, but well worth the money.

We use a Harmony One and a Harmony 890 that we bought during sales at BestBuy over the past 4-5 months. Like both of them and they control all of our equipment without any problems including our HR20's. We like the Harmony One the best but it doesn't have RF capability which is why we have the 890 in the theater room with its hidden equipment.

I've got two Harmony's and plan on getting a third with some gift cards I just got. I think I'm going to pick up a 510, which is on sale this week at Best Buy, although I'm still drooling over the One. :) I'm just not sure I want to spend that much for a bedroom remote.

I've heard great things about Logitech support, but have never had to call for a remote. But I called last week after a nearly 2 year old mouse quit working, and after about 30 seconds of talking they said they'd send a new one out.

Works, but needs tweaking

I'm using a Harmony 670 and it's pretty good. I had to manually program all of the buttons though. Going through the remote's GUI didn't work for me. But, it works now. I have one of the HR 21-700 units.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)