Question about what dish setup

skibama

Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Hi all, I hope this is the right place to post this. I couldn't really find exactly what I needed, so I'll ask here.
I'm trying to get a dish installed at my lake house in North Georgia. The problem is that the house is surrounded by trees, so I don't have a very good line of site. I had a guy come out to see about installing the dish, but he seemed more interested in selling me DirectTV and not helping me find a satellite I could get a good signal with.
My question is, what are the minimum satellites I need for HD programming? I'll probably use a 211 or maybe a dual tuner, but I'm not really worried about dvr. I remember a few years ago at my house, I had to use 2 different dishes, but now I only have one, and I believe it only points to 61.5...but of course I am probably mistaken. I was reading that there is now a 72.7...is this a replacement for 61.5? If I can get a good signal to either, can I only point to one satellite, or do I need 2, and are there another satellites that I can point to instead? I'm just trying to understand all my options before I have someone else come out.
Thanks for your help!

Hi all, I hope this is the right place to post this. I couldn't really find exactly what I needed, so I'll ask here.
I'm trying to get a dish installed at my lake house in North Georgia. The problem is that the house is surrounded by trees, so I don't have a very good line of site. I had a guy come out to see about installing the dish, but he seemed more interested in selling me DirectTV and not helping me find a satellite I could get a good signal with.
My question is, what are the minimum satellites I need for HD programming? I'll probably use a 211 or maybe a dual tuner, but I'm not really worried about dvr. I remember a few years ago at my house, I had to use 2 different dishes, but now I only have one, and I believe it only points to 61.5...but of course I am probably mistaken. I was reading that there is now a 72.7...is this a replacement for 61.5? If I can get a good signal to either, can I only point to one satellite, or do I need 2, and are there another satellites that I can point to instead? I'm just trying to understand all my options before I have someone else come out.
Thanks for your help!

You will need at least 2 satellites to receive all of your programming.

72.7 did not replace 61.5. Depending on your DMA, having both 72.7 and 61.5 installed may get you all of your programming.

What is your zip code?

Thanks...I believe he said I could get 110 and 119, but not 129. Could I use a 2 dish setup and use 110/119 and another dish for either 61.5 or 72.7?

Thanks...I believe he said I could get 110 and 119, but not 129. Could I use a 2 dish setup and use 110/119 and another dish for either 61.5 or 72.7?

To get everything, you'll still need all 4 sats. It would be easiest to have 61.5/72.7 installed. You can add a 110 wing dish to get your SD locals if you really wanted

Thanks for the reply. I don't really care about any SD channels, so I think I'll just try for 61.5/72.7. What dish do you recommend to receive both satellites?

There was talks of a dish being introduced for just 61.5 and 72, this you be the best solution. You can get them with a standard Dish500, your signal may be slightly lower due to lnb not spaced correctly, or 1000.4 E and don't worry about 77.

hello there can any one help me with my transponder issue. lately i started to get breaking reception on my channels i checked the dish using my spectrum analyzer and found ou that the waveform was inclined to one side. its funny that the breaking reception only occurs during the weekdays from 7am to 8pm.

please can any one help me please i have asked the local satellite techs but they were unable to rectify the peoblem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts