Question for 129 Sat Users & College Football

I emailed the Exec office a couple days ago asking them if they could provide any information about college football coverage on the RSN-HD channels and received no response. I take it from that lack of an answer that we might not get much college football from Dish in HD.

VERY DISAPPOINTING

If you force a guide download by doing a check switch, almost all the HD RSN's have the Colorado and Oklahoma games listed, but no sign of the USC game.

At least I get to see my Sooners in HD.
:D

Currently listing the games in HD on the 129 West sat

386 FOXN
380 FOXD
378 FOXPT
376 FOXNW
370 FOXS
368 FOXMW
367 FOXW
366 FOXSW
365 FOXAZ
364 FOXRM

379 CSNCH is showing Idaho/USC as previously reported.

Last edited:
If you have a Dish pointing at 129 and watch college football, I have a question for you:

The RSN that carries the USC games is on the 129 Sat. Would it do me any good to set up a Dish for 129 and turn on the multi-sports package or are the USC Trojan games blacked out outside their immediate area. I know the Pro games are blacked out but some college games are too.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer on this subject.

First off, USC, or UCLA for that matter, are never blacked out on their local RSN's. Same should go for any local team broadcasting on their local RSN. The only college games (out of market, that is) that are blacked out on the RSN's are the ones included in the "Game Plan" package. Everything else should be in the clear.

Secondly, it will do you no good to point a dish at 129 to pick up Fox West HD because since you do not live in the area that FSW-HD services, you will never see any games on that channel. You can watch the SD version of the channel, but not the HD version. The HD version is ONLY for that local market for which it serves. You will only see HD broadcasts from your local RSN, provided that E* carries the feed, of course.

First off, USC, or UCLA for that matter, are never blacked out on their local RSN's. Same should go for any local team broadcasting on their local RSN. The only college games (out of market, that is) that are blacked out on the RSN's are the ones included in the "Game Plan" package. Everything else should be in the clear.

Secondly, it will do you no good to point a dish at 129 to pick up Fox West HD because since you do not live in the area that FSW-HD services, you will never see any games on that channel. You can watch the SD version of the channel, but not the HD version. The HD version is ONLY for that local market for which it serves. You will only see HD broadcasts from your local RSN, provided that E* carries the feed, of course.

The HD version should be provided just like the SD version in the multi-sports package. I don't see any evidence that the HD channel is exclusive. It should function like the mirrored SD / HD channels that also exist like Discovery or Science.

If you force a guide download by doing a check switch, almost all the HD RSN's have the Colorado and Oklahoma games listed, but no sign of the USC game.

At least I get to see my Sooners in HD.
:D

Currently listing the games in HD on the 129 West sat

386 FOXN
380 FOXD
378 FOXPT
376 FOXNW
370 FOXS
368 FOXMW
367 FOXW
366 FOXSW
365 FOXAZ
364 FOXRM

379 CSNCH is showing Idaho/USC as previously reported.

Cool! Thanks for doing that - I didn't even think about forcing the guide download. Of course if I look at my guide, it probably reflects it now anyway since it updates in the middle of the night. :D

I guess I do need to go ahead and get up Saturday morning to point a dish at 129. :)

Are you sure about that, my fellow Bruin? (UCLA '91 here.) Last year the Sports Pack got me all the UCLA games that my local RSN, FSN Bay Area, didn't carry.

In Standard Definition, of course.

And of course, I don't even have FSN Bay Area HD . . . does anybody know what is up with that??!?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)