Question for 129 Sat Users & College Football

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
If you have a Dish pointing at 129 and watch college football, I have a question for you:

The RSN that carries the USC games is on the 129 Sat. Would it do me any good to set up a Dish for 129 and turn on the multi-sports package or are the USC Trojan games blacked out outside their immediate area. I know the Pro games are blacked out but some college games are too.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer on this subject.

I thought the multi-sports package sort of got you a waiver from black-outs ?

Anyway, games are only blacked-out in their "home" area, i.e. someone in Texas or Ohio should never be blacked-out of a USC game. Only people in the Los Angeles market should (and only then when the game doesn't sell out .... or am I thinking Major League Baseball rules ?).

I'm in the Los Angeles area, and there are no blackout rules that I can I think of for any sport (college or pro). Especially after we lost our NFL teams, we get 4 pro games now on Sundays.

We don't know if Dish is even going to carry any HD college football games on any HD RSN. They haven't shown up in anyone's EPG yet.

I would hope that since FSN has national rebroadcast rights to Big-12 and PAC-10 games, that they would light up one HD FSN for those, and make it available to everyone with AT100+ and higher, with the HD Package.

We don't know if Dish is even going to carry any HD college football games on any HD RSN. They haven't shown up in anyone's EPG yet.

I would hope that since FSN has national rebroadcast rights to Big-12 and PAC-10 games, that they would light up one HD FSN for those, and make it available to everyone with AT100+ and higher, with the HD Package.

HDSportsGuide.com shows the Idaho at USC game as FSN-HD. I just need to figure out how to get that channel and I currently have a 110/119 + 61.5 setup. I know the FSN channels for SoCal are on the 129.

Ok, so we just need a USC fan with HD to get on here and let me know!

:)

Thanks!

The game is scheduled to be shown on just about all the regional fox sports SD channels at 10:00 ET , but Dish is not listing the game on the HD channels yet.

The game is scheduled to be shown on just about all the regional fox sports SD channels at 10:00 ET , but Dish is not listing the game on the HD channels yet.

Thanks! I was just looking at TitanTV and I saw it listed on the SD channel...

Enthusiasm for enpending the effort to get a Dish up for the 129 sat is dwindling...

BUT, I haven't given up yet!

Since the football games on Saturday are pretty much on all the FOX RSN's it seems like all they would have to do is put 1 HD feed on 61.5 and 1 HD feed on 129 and then remap all the channels to those.

Since the football games on Saturday are pretty much on all the FOX RSN's it seems like all they would have to do is put 1 HD feed on 61.5 and 1 HD feed on 129 and then remap all the channels to those.

You would think so but I live on the side of the country owned by the Yankees and Notre Dame. :(

I just checked tonight the EPG for FSN-West and no info (yet) for HD channel 367 for the USC game. Same as well for the UCLA game on Prime Ticket.

The UCLA game is not being broadcast in HD at all.

CU/CSU, OU/UNT and USC/Idaho are all being broadcast in HD on FSN this weekend, But have yet to show up on the guide.

I really wish someone from Dish would chime in about the HD college football broadcasts

The UCLA game is not being broadcast in HD at all.

CU/CSU, OU/UNT and USC/Idaho are all being broadcast in HD on FSN this weekend, But have yet to show up on the guide.

I really wish someone from Dish would chime in about the HD college football broadcasts
You'd think it would be simple to mirror one HD feed of each game to all the FSN HD channels.

It's the "probably" part I'm having problems with. It would be nice to not get my hopes up if it doesn't show up on the regional HD channels. It also stinks for people who might want to set a timer for the game on the HD channel.

What's Going on Dish?

Yep I'm leaving tomorrow and wanted to set timers for both the Pokes and Sooners games as they will be half over when I get home Saturday. I haven't had a chance to see anything on FSN HD since Dish turned it on. Considering OU's opponent that game should be about over by half and hopefully the Pokes will surprise me.

I don't want to waste my time setting up a dish at 129 if the OU game's not going to be on in HD. The ONLY reason I even care about FSN-HD is for OU football. The rest of the year, I'm fine without it.

COME ON DISH! GIVE US SOME INFO!

I am still fuming over missing OU and other Big 12 games last year on FSN-HD. That is still the primary reason I may switch from Dish when the contract is up.

If they don't show an OU game when FSN has it in HD, I will not even wait for the contract to expire. I will terminate them immediately. No info in the guide is already frustrating enough--not being able to set the recorder.

Also, having people over to watch the game is dependent on KNOWING if it will be in HD. Otherwise, I will have to go to a D* subscribers house to watch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)