Question for Houston Market

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jstexas

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
I realize that the only HD feed from Fox Sports is the primary Fox Sports Southwest. My question for Houston area users is this:

How often are the Rockets/Astros shown on the Fox Sports Southwest HD broadcast versus SD on the Fox Sports Houston sub-feed? Please let me know if that question makes any sense. I am struggling between satellite and local digital cable and this is one of the main reasons. Digital cable provides several games in HD throughout the year for the Astros.

On DirecTV they do have a HD channel for FSN Houston that's a game only channel, they fire it up only when there is a HD game on the channel. I can say that tonight the EPG shows a pregame at 7:00 and Knicks@Rockets at 7:30 and the postgame at 11:00, if that helps.

On DirecTV they do have a HD channel for FSN Houston that's a game only channel, they fire it up only when there is a HD game on the channel. I can say that tonight the EPG shows a pregame at 7:00 and Knicks@Rockets at 7:30 and the postgame at 11:00, if that helps.

Ditto what Rad said.

It's broadcast on a game by game basis on the HD sub channel (639-1 if I recall correctly) . Last baseball season was spotty but the HD sub-channel didn't light up until late in the season.

I'm not a Rockets/pro basketball fan so I can't comment on their coverage. I would suspect it would be better than last season's baseball coverage.

Rockets/Astros HD

You may already heard, but ....

All Houston Astros home games are televised in HD, along with some road games. FSN has master control facilities in Los Angeles and Houston. They Houston facility has just been upgraded to handle more simultaneous HD games. I suspect next year that all games on FSN will be in HD as well as more HD programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)