HD Extra Pack Vs. HD Access

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is the difference between the HD extra pack and the HD Access package?
HD Extra gets you MGM, Smithsonian, National Geographic, HDNet Movies and MHD, all the channels that don't have a SD version. The HD Access package enables HD on the account and will get you the HD version of whatever SD channel that's in your subscription.

Just for clarification
It's Universal HD in the Extra Pack instead of National Geographic
National Geographic has a SD counterpart

HD Extra gets you MGM, Smithsonian, National Geographic, HDNet Movies and MHD, all the channels that don't have a SD version. The HD Access package enables HD on the account and will get you the HD version of whatever SD channel that's in your subscription.

HD Access will get you HDNet(79) and HD(76, 281) theater, which also don't have SD counterparts...

HD Extra requires HD Access. So you can get HD Access or HD Access and HD Extra. You can't get just HD Extra.

HDNet was removed from the Extra pack with the settlement deal with Mark Cuban.

HD Theater is owned by Discovery and was never going to be part of HD Extra.

There are some NHL games on HDNet, and they look better than any other channels!
Hockey on HDnet = Hockey HD on steroids.

It's been a good year for HD hockey:

Monday & Tuesday - Versus HD
Wednesday & Friday - NHL Network HD
Thursday & Saturday - HD Net

Plus all my Wings games, about half in HD. And UofM is rocking the College hockey world, and being televised almost every weekend :)

I'm very happy with hockey this year - without center ice.

Have the list of channels changed on what is included in the HD Extra Pack or is it the same?

I am about a week away from pulling the plug and switching over to DirecTV and don't know if this pack is worth the money as the website doesn't give any info on it besides the price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)