Question for installers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Royal05Steve

Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Ga
I just upgraded to HD. I got a new dish 4 or 5 LNB I had a Dual LNB round Sony dish. Is it not customary to remove the old dish when adding the new HD dish?

Is the new dish much heavier then a 10yr old Sony?

The reason I ask is that my old dish is installed on my chimeny, noy on my roof and the installer said it would not hold the new dish. Now my other dish has been there for 10 almost 11 years and it is just fine and dandy. He did not remove the old dish, said was not climbing on the roof, but he used the 2 existing cables from my ol dish to hook up to the new dish. In order to get to those cables he would have had to climb on the roof! :eek:

I just upgraded to HD. I got a new dish 4 or 5 LNB I had a Dual LNB round Sony dish. Is it not customary to remove the old dish when adding the new HD dish?

Is the new dish much heavier then a 10yr old Sony?

The reason I ask is that my old dish is installed on my chimeny, noy on my roof and the installer said it would not hold the new dish. Now my other dish has been there for 10 almost 11 years and it is just fine and dandy. He did not remove the old dish, said was not climbing on the roof, but he used the 2 existing cables from my ol dish to hook up to the new dish. In order to get to those cables he would have had to climb on the roof! :eek:
yes your new dish is much more heavy than your old one... and installing a ka/ku dish on a chimeny is a big no no (per direct)... taking the dish down is really up to the tech and the situation... i usually ask first... as far as getting on the roof i dont know your situation but we get on roofs everyday!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)