Question for Labgate : The best 1m dish ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barney_555

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Québec, Canada
Question for Labgate (and others also !) : The best 1m dish ?

I've just seen your web-site. Pretty set-up you have.

So, in your opinion, what is the best 1m dish, and why ?

I'm considering a 1m Winegard to replace my 90cm china-made Multistar. Do you think I will see much difference, dish is bigger and surely better quality.

Thank you !

Last edited:
The 1m Winegard dish is one of the best out there at that size, ALL American made too :)

The Winegard is a great dish. When comparing 1m dishes, check the actual size of the dish. The Winegard is 114cm x 105cm with an effective size of 1m. (This is due to the offset design. It appears to the satellite to only be 100cm and round) Some of the other brands of 1m dishes are smaller 100cm x 90cm.
For example, the Digiwave 39" (some sites call this 1m, others 90cm as 39" is 1m) dish is only 90cm x 99cm. Please see
http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com...ser_op=view_page&PAGE_id=85&MMN_position=87:4
It is rated 40.32dB at 12.5GHz.
The Winegard dish
http://www.winegard.com/home/1m.htm
is 114cm x 105cm and is rated 40.85dB at 12.6GHz.
The Fortec dish
http://www.fortecstar.com/estore/storefront/default.asp?ProductID=27&CategoryID=8
is 100cm x 110cm and is rated 41.02dB at 12.5GHz
The differences in the Winegard and Fortec I would say is due to the difference in test setups. I would not believe that you would tell a difference in the two, but the Digiwave is much smaller in the size of the pan, and I would think that you would see a difference.
With the Fortec, going from a 90cm to 1m dish you get an increase of 1.68dB, Digiwave shows an increase of 1.8dB.
Now I could be wrong in my assumptions, but thought this would be something to consider. Also, the manufacture quality of the dish should also be considered. Things like, how stable of a mount it has, how much the dish flexes in the wind. A bigger dish for reception in bad weather is not that helpfull if it flexes and losses the signal.

1 meter dish

I like the 1 meter patroit dish. It is well built but it is alot heavier then most 1 meter dishes.

Hello

Sorry for the delay, Internet problems...

I have to agree about the winegard, it is my best 1.1 meter antenna.

I moved it to my new 16 foot post and I'm able to get everything from 15 w to 129 w !

The Patriot is very near.

Best regards

Labgate

Hey Labgate, on the dish that has I have lnbs on 59, 61.5, 72, 74, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 89, 91, 91 (bev) 93, 95, 97, 101, 103, 105, 107, 110, 111, 119, 121, 123, 129, what dish are you using? What size is it, did you do the lnb setup yourself or is the dish ready made like that? Interesting setup. I'm curious about it, and think others may be too?

Hello

Actually, this is a combination of multiple dishes.

For example I use the toroidal T-90 dish to get from 61 to 111. But even if you do that, you have to leave at least 3 degrees between each sats.

I use the digiwave 1.2 meter dish, a starchoice 75 cmd and a T-55.

Here is a table explaining how I did separate that.

The circular lnbs are connected to my dish and expressvu receivers. I have a subscription on the two.

Best regards

Labgate

Attachments

• satellites maison.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 299
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts