This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question for Mini Bud crowd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghia

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
I would like to thank everyone that has posted information / documentation on the C Band reception with the 1.0 and 1.2 meter dishes.

I've been following these threads very closly, as although I am not in a HOA or prohibited by local ordinance from putting up a BUD, I just do not have the space physically to set one up. I have been happy for the most part with the reception of KU band on 90cm dishes, although there are times I wish I had a 1.2 meter for that. The two questions are:

1. Is it safe to assume that the receptoin of S2 9/10 FEC CBand stuff, such as the 4:2:2 stuff @ 97 W would be beyond the capabilities of the Mini Bud system? (Would it matter if the sat with these signals was your TS?)

2. The results so far with the C/KU combo lnbs would indicate that KU band performance on a 1.2 m dish would not be much better than on a 90cm, with an Invacom .3db lnbf?

thanks for any insight

1. Is it safe to assume that the receptoin of S2 9/10 FEC CBand stuff, such as the 4:2:2 stuff @ 97 W would be beyond the capabilities of the Mini Bud system? (Would it matter if the sat with these signals was your TS?)
yes. I can barely get 7/8 FEC DVB stuff in properly on the 6 footer. 9/10 FEC DVB-S2 (heck most DVB-S2) is almost non existant. DVB-S2 is where "bigger" is required, not better

2. The results so far with the C/KU combo lnbs would indicate that KU band performance on a 1.2 m dish would not be much better than on a 90cm, with an Invacom .3db lnbf?

agreed. In some cases it was worse. When I worked with the 1.2m dish/ck1/conical scaler, the TP's on 97W would max at 80-85 with most around 60 on the Pansat 1500. On my 90cm dish they would be at 90+ with most around 75

Status
Please reply by conversation.