Question for subscribers…

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Tivo software has been doing a nice job of screwing up lately, with the problem with Season Pass, working one day and not the next. I gave up on it and ordered a new HR20.

What problems? I haven't noticed any. I'm phone line free for 1 year+.

What problems? I haven't noticed any. I'm phone line free for 1 year+.

Certain channels where my wife records her soaps daily, keep showing up as "No shows available" when they are. They are set under "Season Pass" and work for a few days then stop. Once it started working by itself and the other day it did it again and I deleted the Season Pass, re-entered it and it was OK. There are several discussions on this web site, and also on Tivo Community, about this problem. It is only happening on the HR10-250 as that is a Tivo run unit.

Been with DirecTV since they converted my family from Primestar. Never had a reason to change, as they offer all the TV programming I'm interested in and have always provided me with excellent customer service on the few occasions I've ever needed it.

How's this for a reason.
The company I worked for was owned by Hughes and as an employee got an equipment and subscription discount. This was in 1996.

This is a great question! As a ( year D* customer considering making the switch to E*, I found myself wanting to read good reasons to stay...but in all these pages, there are only isolated reasons.

I went with Directv 9 years ago because our local cable was so bad. For a while, I kept the most basic of cable packages just to get the locals, but eventually D* started offering those so we went totally with D*. Over the years, we have lived through all the changes and enhancements, from the introduction of NFL Sunday Ticket (which I had one year and then dropped because I wasgetting more than enough NFL games on regular TV for free) to HD. Ihave gone from ancient equipment to a SD Tivo, to HD Tivo. Tivo used to be an advantage, but now that is going away and being replaced with D*'s crappy HD DVR. D* once had a great selection of commercial-free music channels, but now they have XM...and as much as I like XM, I prefer NO TALK!

At this point, E* seems so far ahead of D* in terms of HD content and equipment, that I simply no longer have a reason to stay.

I have been D* customer for almost 10 years and there were several reasons I switched to D* at that time. Main reason is the cable company PQ was horrible, they knew it was horrible, and didn't care that it is was horrible. The other reason was for NHLCI which no one had at that time other than D*. Now most providers have access to NHLCI so I could switch but I have three purchased receivers and no real need to switch. My father in law had E* for the longest time and it had some good features as well.

The bottom line is there is no clear cut winner of which service is better. That depends on viewing habits, prefered technology and your budget. For me, a sports fan, D* was a better choice but for my father in law E* was a better choice at that time on the economic side.

Tivo & specifically lifetime DVR fee, that enables me to have as many D-Tivo's on my account that I want, which is now up to 4 with NO extra DVR charges.

The number one reason I got DirecTV was that I was having nothing but trouble with Time-Warner Cable. I made the switch 5 or 6 years ago and never regretted it.

The number one reason I stay with DirecTV is that I'm very satisfied with their quality, service, and what I consider a fair price. If I find a company I'm happy doing business with then I'm a very loyal customer. Simple as that.

The number one reason I got DirecTV was that I was having nothing but trouble with Time-Warner Cable. I made the switch 5 or 6 years ago and never regretted it.

The number one reason I stay with DirecTV is that I'm very satisfied with their quality, service, and what I consider a fair price. If I find a company I'm happy doing business with then I'm a very loyal customer. Simple as that.

Agreed. D* got me because of the terrible Cox service I recieved for years down here.

I was a member of dish network for 6 years. One of my LNBs went out. I asked them to replace it. They refused. I told the csr that I could call Directv and get a new dish, new receivers, everything free as a new customer. The csr said, "fine, go ahead"

Called directv they were very happy to give me a new system free with a one year commitment. Also told me not to cancel Dish until Directv was installed. I said OK.

When I called dish to cancel, they offered me new system, etc to stay. Told them too late directv had already been installed as per their csr's instructions.

As a side note; Directv installer said that the dish wasn't properly grounded and could've been why the equipment went out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)