Question on C-Band Dish Idea

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbeckett

Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
USA
I have obtained a 10ft mesh dish. I have been reading a ton on the forums about placing multiple lnb's on a C-Band dish. I ran across something in my reading. I am wondering if anyone has thought about trying to make a lnb mount similar to the toroid headend dishes like the one in the link with the curved lnb holder?

Simulsat 5, Simulsat C/Ku and Simulsat 7

Is this possible to get multiple birds on a stationary C-Band dish?

Thanks,
JOHN

Last edited:
As soon as you leave prime focus, the resulting focus is no longer symmetric. meaning loss. The further away, the more loss.
For a visual, take a magnifying glass, focus a light source onto a surface, then rotate the plane of the lens so its not aimed straight at the light source.
I think Ice and a few others have done this but were limited to sats about 4 degrees apart.
I think experimentation is the only way to see if it will work on your desired sats. Toroids are designed a parabola from top to bottom, and spherical from side to side.

I think it would be a fascinating project, although I am not sure how it would be better than a motorized, single lnb setup. I have experimented a bit with attaching a linear Ku lnb on the side of my Birdview scalar, but I did not end up keeping that for long. I remember getting a few stations.

In any case, the raw materials you have to work with probably include a parabolic dish, which I think means it isn't toroidal. I don't know, but interesting concept.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts