Question on Cost for Additional Recievers

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
OK, I have one receiver (ViP 622) that is controlling two TVs right now (one HD and one SD). I want to get enough receivers for
another 4 TVS (1 HD and 3 SD) so I can get Time Warner Cable out of my life. So I'm thinking I probably need one ViP222 and one 322, right?

Next question. What is this going to cost me? Do I need to buy the receivers or can I lease them from Dish? What is the monthly fee associated with each new receiver?

Thanks!

OK, I have one receiver (ViP 622) that is controlling two TVs right now (one HD and one SD). I want to get enough receivers for
another 4 TVS (1 HD and 3 SD) so I can get Time Warner Cable out of my life. So I'm thinking I probably need one ViP222 and one 322, right?

Next question. What is this going to cost me? Do I need to buy the receivers or can I lease them from Dish? What is the monthly fee associated with each new receiver?

Thanks!
You will have to buy at least 1 receiver. You can lease a maximum of 4 tuners from DISH your 622 is already 2 tuners so you have 2 left. You will also need a DPP44 switch if you are going with dual tuners. Call DISH and see what they will give you for options and pricing..:):)

How many different programs will you watch at the same time?
If 1 or 2, then you are set. You can set the 722/622 to distribute RF to any number but you need a control for each of its 2 outputs. (The 5.x remote is IR only and must be in the same room.)
If there must be 3 or more then you need more tuners.
You can use the DPP separator on each of the Dish 1000's 2 output or Dish 1000.2 3outputs?
So you might not need the expensive DPP44 unless you need to receive more than 3 sats or have more than than 2 (or 3) separators plus single receivers.
-Ken

What is a DPP separator?

If I buy a receiver, does Dish still charge me any monthly fee for that one?

I have 6 tvs connected. 625 and 322 - leased - feeding 4 tvs. Had to purchase 2 301s for the other 2 tvs. $5.00 access fee per month per 301. Dish 500 and DP44 switch.