Question on DIRECTV App with ATT Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
So they released the statement about being able to stream any channel in your package over ATTs network, without using data.

But my problem is, not all my channels show up on my iPad Pro through ATT. Like RSN or channels in the Sports Pack(like ROOTSportsSouthWest which is the channel for the Rockets in NBA), why is that? I see my Starz channels on there, as I do sub to Starz.

Just curious because I have the NBA League Pass, and of course it comes with NBA LP Broadband, but can you stream on the ATT network with the NBA App without it taking up data? Probably not though right?

Thanks to anyone who comments.

I think you have to have combined billing in order to stream without using data.

I had the same issue with the sports channels not working but a few weeks ago they started working... Root Sports SW is streaming in one pic. The other is a live sorta local basketball game. Whenever the Knicks are simulcast on a MSG subchannel, I can watch it (which is unadvertised anywhere). NESN and CSN New England are my true local RSNs and they have worked since I re-downloaded the app a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 1481517273163.jpg
    1481517273163.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 1481517319609.jpg
    1481517319609.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 184
I should mention that the app has nothing from the 700s listed on my phone either, Verizon Android. I don't have an i-anything. I don't know what contractual issues would allow me to stream any RSN (when the content isn't blacked out, same as TV), but not other people. I can watch everything on my local RSNs, including games, on my phone. I have Sunday Ticket, but they have their own app like the other packages. My new TV actually has a Sunday Ticket app so there's an easy backup should rainfade take away the game on real TV. ESPN College Extra is already online on the ESPN app. It looks like the answer to the OP's question is that you need the separate app to watch the content. Since you'd be authorized by a Directv account on that other app, on AT&T's network, you would think that would be data free. But we can't assume. I suggest that the OP, when on your home network, re-download the app and reauthorize your DVR and see if you can watch the NBA games on the RSN mirror in the 600s if they show up. Someone competent at D* should be made aware of this but finding that person is the challenge.

Last edited:
I don't understand why the sports apps would be different. There are true apps for nearly every channel out there. Just on my TV, there's HBO, Showtime, Starz, NBC Sports, Weather Nation, and more that can be streamed on the Directv app and the channel/service's app. Why not the sports? There are apps on the TV for NBA, MLB, Sunday Ticket so it can't be that hard to deal with blackouts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)