Question on OTA Tuner Guide

I still have no subchannel data and I put OTA on the Hopper on January 5, 4 days ago. There was one day where it flipped into black screen and I had to reset it and move antenna. However, since I had the subchannel ota guide data up until January with the 722, I assumed I would get it with the hopper ota. Is there a manual way to update the guide?

Last edited:
Sounds like your receiver isn't getting guide updates properly (overnight). As I mentioned above, you USED to be able to force guide updates. What you could try is this: Open the guide and go to one of your local channels. Now start right-arrowing many, many days in advance. When you reach the limit of what's currently there, it might pull add'l guide data.

Normally you can press 999 browse to get it to trigger as well but I believe the Hopper is different. If the guide really is missing data, then leaving a free tuner open should trigger the download but if it doesn't, I would make sure there aren't any timers set during the update time (1am) so that the update will go through. Also make sure no one is watching at that time so they don't skip the update when the message prompt appears.

On Hopper the only way to try and get the guide updated is by turning off all Joeys, make sure there is an available tuner (RED button,) then reset the Hopper. If you're lucky, one of the available tuners will change to "Guide Update." If it doesn't, then you'll have to wait overnight with all receivers off.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I didn't get chance to try resetting it with Joeys off. However, all subchannel data is now populated as of today. It took 5 days in my case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)