Question on Self Installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ltngrod

Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Hi

I am trying to pick up 101 and 72.5 sats, I have 2-18" round odu"s a 4x4 multiswitch(eagle-aspen) and 1-d10-200 receiver. I aimed dish 1 to the 101 sat and hooked the cables from the lnbf to the a-inputs on the switch then I aimed the 2nd dish towards the 72.5 sat and hooked the dish to the b-inputs on switch. I then ran autoconfig on the receiver and its only detecting a single round dish on the 101 sat. if I remember correctly it should be seeing an oval dish with 2 lnbf's. At first I thought it was because I didn't have the 2nd dish line up right but then I thought if that was the case it would still see the oval dish and the receiver would just give a sat not found error. I get no error it just shows the 101 sat no 72.5

I'm pretty new at this so I'm not sure what I am doing or even if I explained this right.
Did I install correctly?
Is the multiswitch bad?
What could be wrong?
Help Please

Thanks Rodney

Do you get anything from 101 ? and how you know you are also getting 72.5 satellite, if you did not get the saignal, there will not show anything, if both satellite are correct, when you do the confiq, you will see a black box on right top corner of the screen, it will take as short as 5 minute and or as long as 15 minutes sometime to get both sats confi.

Yes I am getting 101 signal on the tv but no 72.5 channels
I used one of those cheap sat meters to line up both dish's and they are both getting signals on the sat meters, when I check the 101 on the receiver its getting signals in the 90's so I know i did a good job lining them up. The thing is when I do auto config it only shows one round dish with single or dual lnb, on the same exact setup @ home is shows 1 oval dish with dual lnb. . Correct me if I'm wrong, even if the second dish was not lined up correctly and the switch was good the receiver would see the second lnb and give a tuner error that would read something like this "detected 2 lnb's but only 1 satellite signal". I get no error thats why I am assuming the multi-switch is bad and its not switching over to the second dish so the receiver is only seeing 1 round dish. Or could it be because of a long cable run between the switch and the receiver

Thanks Again
Rodney

What firmware version is the d10-200?

Anyways, my d10-200 had old software and wouldn't see a triple lnb as a triple lnb until I did the steps below.

I had a similar issue (only mine is a 3lnb, no second dish, it would see the 3lnb as a single, my guess is the old firmware was not multisat-ready) with a d10-200, what I did, was in setup, make sure it's set for single dish, for the 101, then I forced a firmware update [1], let it restart, then manually selected the 3lnb (in my case), since auto would not work right even after the update.

It's something you can try, if you didn't already.

[1]: Open the front door where your card goes, there is a red button, get your remote in your hand, and press the red button, then when the tv screen says "Hello, your directv reciever is starting up", press 02468 on your remote (do not hit enter).

You may have to try it a few times to get it, when you get it it will say "Almost there" then, something like "A software update was found, downloading"

If there is no download ready, it won't say anything special.

Last edited:
The reciever is fine and muti sat ready @ home it works it will say oval dish 2 lnb.
I travel for work so I carry the reciever back and forth with me I have been doing this for over a year now and I was always able to get the 101 and 72.5 channels @ home. I only had one single dish @ my apartment so I was only able to get 101 channels. I got a 2nd round dish,4x4 multi switch and connected them up exactly as they are @ my home and it only sees round dish 101 sat. If take the reciever home run auto config it sees oval 2 lnb dish, works fine see's 101 and 72.5 sat. I go out side and miss align the 72.5 dish run autconfig again it and it sees oval dish 2 lnb but gets a tuner error cause it is only getting a single signal
I get no error @ my apartment but it only sees 101 sat so I don't believe its an alignment issue.
BTW: DTV knows I am doing this they just won't give support @ the apartment
also its the only reciever I have so I can't use it @ both places @ the same Time

All I can say is, you still not getting 72.5 satellite signal, nothing wrong with the switch. With those cheap sat meter, you may very well get the wrong satellite.

sksatellite said:
All I can say is, you still not getting 72.5 satellite signal, nothing wrong with the switch. With those cheap sat meter, you may very well get the wrong satellite.

If this is the case how come when I take the same receiver to my home and move the seccond dish of the 72.5 sat and run auto-detect it see the 101 sat but not the 72.5 sat and it give me a tuner error. It says oval dish 2lnb but only found 1 signal ERROR. Both dishs show up in the receiver 101 get signal 72.5 get no signal.

Hook the same receiver up at the apt and it only see's one round dish the 101 sat, it gives me no ERROR I cant even see the 72.5 sat on he reciever to line it up with receivers signal meter.
It just doesn't make sense to me I get no signal at home but it shows up in the receiver
I get no signal at the apt. but it doesn't show up in the receiver .
Same set up at both places same senerio at both places different results:confused:

I would try swaping out the switches between the two places but I won't be home for another 2 weeks and would like to get this figured out

I'm not try to disregard what your saying here but you would think I get the same readings on the receiver at both places with no signal but thats just not the case

Thank
Rodney

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)