Question on SWM install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JmsMc58

Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
Long time reader, first time poster. Hello all. I have an install Wednesday. When I called to order, I was told that there computer decided who got a SWM install and who didn't. Of course mine didn't, and if I wanted SWM I would need to pay the tech $129. My question, does this sound right? I need the SWM because I have all the coax ran under my new siding, but just one to each location.

Find out who the installer is and call them with your concern.
I thought that all new installations were getting SWM.
Do you know what dish is on the work order?
What receivers have you ordered?

Do you have all of the coax running to a central/common location? If so, then a 4 output dish could be installed with the four lines going to that location where you would install the SWM8 for servicing the room locations.

The only thing they told me about the dish is, it is a kaku3. As far as the receivers I am getting one HD DVR and one standard and I have one H20-100 a friend gave me. They didn't give me any model numbers. And yes all the cables go to one box on the outside of the house. Thanks for all replies

I have one cable from the dish location to the box with the other cables. this is from an old dish network install. All the cables are under the siding, so a SWM install would work best. I will just have to see what the tech says. I could buy the SWM LNB and install later, and just have them hook up one receiver on one tuner now.

The problem is, in many markets SWM was pulled because of issues with a company called WNC. Thieu LNB's would fail at certain temperatures. Even in warmer markets D* has pulled installing SWM LNB's on non DVR installs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts