Question on the 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dovetails

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I was at a local dealer lately discussing upgrading to the 722 and I wanted to double check here to see if what he told me will in fact work. Currently I have one HD set in my house and three SD analog sets. I will be hooking up the 722 via HDMI to my HD set. OK, now here's where I'm double checking what he told me. Since I'm going to be keeping my SD sets around for a while, he suggested coming out of the SD side of the 722 to a splitter, and then to the other three sets. OK, no problem there of course. He then told me that each of the other SD sets would have access to either tuner in the 722, depending on what channel was assigned to each side. So for example, my wife could be watching the SD set in the bed room via the SD side of the 722 and I could be watching the SD set in my office by either using the same side of the 722 (which would be the same program as she was watching of course) OR I could access the HD side of the 722 from the office tv (even though it would be a SD signal) and watch a different channel. Is this correct :confused: If so, I could get by running the entire house with the 722 only, until I eventually upgrade one of the SD sets to HD and then I realize I would have to add a second HD receiver.

Thanks

The 722 has two independent outputs. One of those is HD for the local TV but both of them are modulated on different channels to the coax output. At each remote TV you just select which of the two you want to view.

What you are describing is exactly the way I have mine setup. Four TVs total but only two of us in the house, with a supply of UHF Pro remotes either of us can watch TV1 or TV2 at any TV.

You can view what is on tv1 as well as tv2 when viewing via the rf output. The 722 (and the 622 as well) will output both tuners on different channel numbers. To view the other tuner, you change the channel on the tv you are watching.

722 has two modulators so you can set tv1 to 62 while have tv2 modeulator on 60 and both channels will then come out of home distribution port, just need a green uhf remote and a blue uhf remote, poster will want to buy 6.3 remmote kit with all keys.

just remember, under no circumstance whatsoever can you watch more than two SATELLITE channels,

however combine an off air feed with home distribution feed for even more channel choices

Thanks guys for all the replies, this sounds like a great setup for the wife and I ;)