Software Version 6.16

I'm still stuck at L6.14 and some people are already getting L6.16? I bet the lucky people that get L6.16 right away feel a bit like lottery winners.

I think it would great if Dish Network could SPOOL the damn thing out ASAP. Three months of "audio drops" on my local channels like ABC and Fox is enough! Why the heck does it take so long? :mad:

I'm looking forward to seeing what the end user experiences of L6.16 are going to be. This is what I would like to read on this VIP722 Software History webpage in the next day or two ... "audio dropouts on all local and regular satellite channels are now 100% fixed".

http://www.dishuser.org/722sw.php

I'm still stuck at L6.14 and some people are already getting L6.16? I bet the lucky people that get L6.16 right away feel a bit like lottery winners.

I think it would great if Dish Network could SPOOL the damn thing out ASAP. Three months of "audio drops" on my local channels like ABC and Fox is enough! Why the heck does it take so long? :mad:

I'm looking forward to seeing what the end user experiences of L6.16 are going to be. This is what I would like to read on this VIP722 Software History webpage in the next day or two ... "audio dropouts on all local and regular satellite channels are now 100% fixed".

EKB: ViP722 Software History

Several people, including RandallA who posts for us when the software spools, have said that L6.15 was a disaster for them. So don't wish for them to rush spooling of these fixes to everyone. They did taget L6.15 (and presumably L6.16) to those who were in areas with the audio drop problem.

Apparently the problem only occurs in some DMA's and only with some versions of the hardware. L6.15 apparently did fix the problem for some of the receivers, but then broke other receivers that were previously working. The typical example of what happens when you work on a fix concentrating on one version of hardware, and fail to do complete retro test of the fix on all others.

I got .15 way late and thought everyone had it
Now I got .16 and so far have not checked for changes because i had NO TV guide and it took 15 minutes to 20 minutes to get it to do a check switch from start to guide download
then that acted all sluggish for 10 more minutes as the data was partially filled out. I do not recall that happening but I assume it was still 'updating' the data it had just slowly downloaded.

I will assume we had heavy rain when it was updating the guide but i can't recall it ever doing a guide wipe on me and leaving it 'blank' when done with the firmware update. I think it's all back now but still annoying it happened.

The people that got 6.15 bitched so much that Dish stopped the roll out. So 6.16 is going to them first so they can bitch again and look above it has already started. Someone can find something wrong with anything.

The people that got 6.15 bitched so much that Dish stopped the roll out. So 6.16 is going to them first so they can bitch again and look above it has already started. Someone can find something wrong with anything.

Jerryez,

We didn't bitch just for bitching, there were problems with L615 and that's why they didn't roll it out to everyone.

"So 6.16 is going to them first so they can bitch again and look above it has already started."

I just think that the poster doesn't know how the updates are installed. That's why updates are installed at night when nobody is watching TV and why it's recommended to turn off the receivers at night.

I got L6.15 on my 622 but not on my 722. I wasn't having any problems on either receiver, but I got the benefit of folders on the EHD, which I love! No other changes I could see (or hear) to my 622 with L6.15.

I'll check to see if I got L6.16 tonight.

I got L616 overnight and have begun testing various issues that L615 caused.

My 622 has already self-rebooted once this morning, so I did a hard-poweroff reboot and we'll see how it behaves.

Testing various audio, video and menu items to see how it goes. Is this the "official" testing thread, or is there someplace else here I should be reporting my test results? Thanks.

ABC

At least you have ABC access... In Seattle we just get some ad from Dish whining about the "unfair" rates that ABC wants to carry the station. I don't really care about why you can't get along with ABC, I just care that you don't get along.

If you're going to raise rates, you have to at least maintain the service I've gotten! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least you have ABC access... In Seattle we just get some ad from Dish whining about the "unfair" rates that ABC wants to carry the station. I don't really care about why you can't get along with ABC, I just care that you don't get along.

If you're going to raise rates, you have to at least maintain the service I've gotten! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is a thread about the L616 Software. If you want to comment on the Fisher/Dish dispute there are least 2 other threads to do so.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...sher-communications-11pm-seattle-cut-off.html

NightRyder

Last edited:
L616 does not reintroduce audio problems of L614 - so it is not a rollback.

After receiving an upgrade, find a ten minute period where nothing is recording, and then pull out the AC plug for 20 seconds and then plug it back in. ( I once started to have weird problems after an upgrade that no one else was reporting, so I did this and the problems went away. So, now I do this after every upgrade. )

By the way, there is no "period" in Dish Network version numbers.

so what is happening is people that got 615 also got EHD folders. they are now getting 616 to fix the 615 problems and they get to keep their EHD folders. so those of us that are still on 614, when do we get these folders? will there be another version of this or will they test this 616 to see if anyone has any problems then roll 616 out to everyone. clear as mud?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)