Software Version 6.16

?? how do you get 616 in our area? did you have 615 as well? (I check every 2-3 days and have been stuck at 614.. and hating my audio every second of it...)

I got 615 back before Christmas. I never had audio problems with Fringe which is really all I record on the 720p LiL channels. I didn't really have problems with 615 either.

Ted

This is what I've seen with L616 so far:

* It fixed my problem with KGO (ABC channel 7) and OTA. No more audio drop outs.
* The folders on the EHD are still there. :)
* DishComm detects all the receivers I have whereas before it will only detect the receiver you were checking.

Yes, I do have UPS units and I know that's why it didn't work before but it looks like they did something to DishComm. BTW, this only worked on the two 622 receivers and not on the 722. I even plugged the 722 directly to the wall and it didn't detect the other receivers just itself.

Will update if I notice something else.

Received 616 the other day, but that receiver will still not recognize my other receiver (the main receiver which still has 614). It really bothers me, since I use(d) the caller ID on it quite a bit.

So, St. Louis - does L616 fix your CBS/NBC satellite-delivered HD locals problems ?

Unfortunately no. Recorded NCIS Tuesday eveining on my 722(L616). Sat HD CBS feed was the worst I've seen yet. It was not watchable. At least 1 audio drop (1 to 2 secs) every 2 minutes. 1 audio drop with a Video freeze about 10 minutes in. Had to go to "live tv" to escape, then back to view recording. That was enough for me, and quit about 20 minutes into it.
The following CBS program The Mentalist recorded on the 722 OTA tuner and it was fine - no issues at all.
I dont know about my 622, haven't recorded any Sat HD CBS on it yet. It did get L616 also.

Anyone else with a VIP722 box get the L6.16 software yet?

I'm dying to know if it is going to fix all the "audio dropout" problems with local channels. The more feedback from people all over the country the better. Try to set a "timer" (record a program) on your local channels like ABC and Fox and then play it back to see if you hear audio dropouts. Also try to pause some "live" programming for 15 minutes or so and see if you hear any audio dropouts.

Thanks in advance.

moman19 posted:
I have it from a reliable source that the audio dropout issue was NOT addressed in 6.16. That issue is still being worked. Rather, 6.16 was pushed out to clean up issues introduced in 6.15 such as auto-tune. So I guess it's pointless to continue any audio dropout reports since it's reported that 6.16 only went out to 6.15 recipients.

This also explains why I see no changes.

My 612 rebooted tonight while getting the normal update. I set mine to update at 7pm because of my work and church schedule. It still has the same software version it had though.

Anyone else with a VIP722 box get the L6.16 software yet?

I'm dying to know if it is going to fix all the "audio dropout" problems with local channels. The more feedback from people all over the country the better. Try to set a "timer" (record a program) on your local channels like ABC and Fox and then play it back to see if you hear audio dropouts. Also try to pause some "live" programming for 15 minutes or so and see if you hear any audio dropouts.

Thanks in advance.

Dudeman - the problem you are talking about was fixed with L615.

L615 produced new problems in Saint Louis, which are still not fixed.

L616 fixes all the minor problems with L615, except it does not fix the Saint Louis problems.

I do not know why they did not spool L615 to North Carolina.

Came home from work tonight and turned on the 622. On the screen was the acquiring satellite screen. Then, reboot! I unplugged it, waited a few minutes, plugged it back in.. everything seemed to be going ok, make it to the downloading guide data screen, then when CBS came on--reboot! Now it won't even make it to the acquiring satellite screen, just reboots constantly.

When I made it to the CBS screen, I checked the software version and found L616.

Called tech support. They said they have had no reports of issues with L616. He said I should power down the receiver and unscrew my coax connections and "touch them with my thumb" to discharge the electricity that is probably stuck in there. I told him, "Wow, that's a new one. " Do you think they say that stuff and then mute the phone and start laughing their asses off?

I'm still stuck at L6.14 and some people are already getting L6.16? I bet the lucky people that get L6.16 right away feel a bit like lottery winners.

I think it would great if Dish Network could SPOOL the damn thing out ASAP. Three months of "audio drops" on my local channels like ABC and Fox is enough! Why the heck does it take so long? :mad:

I'm looking forward to seeing what the end user experiences of L6.16 are going to be. This is what I would like to read on this VIP722 Software History webpage in the next day or two ... "audio dropouts on all local and regular satellite channels are now 100% fixed".

EKB: ViP722 Software History

Agreed 100% The sound blip is so bad on recorded shows off our local ABC station that we cann't watch them. DISH has one month to get this fixed, as our 2 yr contract expires in Feb. Either this problem gets fixed or we are gone!

Agreed 100% The sound blip is so bad on recorded shows off our local ABC station that we cann't watch them. DISH has one month to get this fixed, as our 2 yr contract expires in Feb. Either this problem gets fixed or we are gone!

Please list your location in your post, if you do not want to put it in your profile.

I still have 614 and havent had these issues with any recordings via OTA or satellite HD locals. Wonder why only some areas had these issues?

Called tech support. They said they have had no reports of issues with L616. He said I should power down the receiver and unscrew my coax connections and "touch them with my thumb" to discharge the electricity that is probably stuck in there. I told him, "Wow, that's a new one. " Do you think they say that stuff and then mute the phone and start laughing their asses off?

Pulling the power cord out of the wall can definitely make a difference after an update.

I have not heard about the electricity discharge on a Dish receiver, but I know that it works with remote controls ( the trick on a remote is to remove the batteries and then press every key ).

Certainly it is worth trying before dissing it...

Unfortunately no. Recorded NCIS Tuesday eveining on my 722(L616). Sat HD CBS feed was the worst I've seen yet. It was not watchable. At least 1 audio drop (1 to 2 secs) every 2 minutes. 1 audio drop with a Video freeze about 10 minutes in. Had to go to "live tv" to escape, then back to view recording. That was enough for me, and quit about 20 minutes into it.
The following CBS program The Mentalist recorded on the 722 OTA tuner and it was fine - no issues at all.
I dont know about my 622, haven't recorded any Sat HD CBS on it yet. It did get L616 also.

I'm in St. Louis, and watched Tuesday's recording of the Mentalist (Sat-delivered CBS) on my 622 with L616 and still experienced terrible dropouts and a video freeze -- had to go back (rew) in order for it to "wake up" and move forward.

I'm guessing this update was either unsuccessful OR was never intended to address the audio drops.

I'm in St. Louis, and watched Tuesday's recording of the Mentalist (Sat-delivered CBS) on my 622 with L616 and still experienced terrible dropouts and a video freeze -- had to go back (rew) in order for it to "wake up" and move forward.

I'm guessing this update was either unsuccessful OR was never intended to address the audio drops.

Check out post #45.:rolleyes:

I still have 614 and havent had these issues with any recordings via OTA or satellite HD locals. Wonder why only some areas had these issues?
It looks like a wider SW spool has happened. I just received L616 on my 622 last night, and I never got L615. I also did not have any of the recordings issues reported here...

Wonder why only some areas had these issues?
It's generally slight incompatibilities in the hardware/software that the local stations are using. Sometimes you'd see an issue affecting numerous FOX affiliates, but not all, for example. Thinking is, FOX has a suggested or recommended list of hardware and many of their stations end up using the same stuff.

Has anyone else discovered that demand recording (Hit record when you are watching a show) will record until the HD is full?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts