Software Version 6.16

I have found that after receiving an update, if you have any new problems, they are often fixed by pulling the AC plug for 20 seconds (when you are not recording and when there is no recording scheduled for the next 5 minutes or so).

I wish that would have fixed my audio problems. ;)

I called mine in today, and the tech support rep said this is still an ongoing issue with CBS/NBC in the St. Louis DMA. She also asks anyone else having the same problem to please report it so that the engineering team will have a better grasp on the scope of this issue.

-OD

i am having an issue with timers. i have a timer set to record all new episodes of a paticular show. well since some other timers have started their new season i have been having to tell the first timer to skip the first airing of the show and record it at a later time. i know i could switch priorities. once i skip the original it shows that it will record the second showing of the show. when i check upcoming events the next day of so, it doesn't list the second showing and has that show skipped since it is not a new episode. this just started within the last week. anyone else having this problem?

It is doing this with Lost for me thus far. I recorded the two hour premier last week.

On Saturday, the first part of the premier was shown with all the comments and stuff ... my timer wanted to record that one.

And the lest night, they showed the second part of the premier with all the comments and stuff ... my timer wanted to record that one too ...

It is doing this with Lost for me thus far. I recorded the two hour premier last week.

On Saturday, the first part of the premier was shown with all the comments and stuff ... my timer wanted to record that one.

And the lest night, they showed the second part of the premier with all the comments and stuff ... my timer wanted to record that one too ...

LOST is a little different. The Two hour premier that consisted of the 1st and second eps as one package was treated differently when they repeated the 1st ep and the second ep later in the week as separate one hour eps. If you look at your upcoming recordings, it should now just be set for the 9PM episode.

download new copy 616?

ok i will try to make a very long story as short as possible.
i have 722 w 616
i started getting an error message when i turned on the box. it was something about loosing my dvr recordings. it told me to unplug the receiver and call tech support. i unplugged the receiver and let it reset. still got the message. called tech... no help. i got a western digital external hard drive to save all of my recordings. i called to activate. after i activated the hard drive, i couldn't access any of my recordings. after several resets and unplugs. i got the receiver to recognize the drive and started to move my recordings. after moving one show the receiver locked up and i had to pull the plug.

so at this point- if i hit the dvr button it gives me an error message unable to access recordings. if i go into the menu and try to access the external drive. i get an unauthorized error message.

i finally got a very helpful tech in AZ this morning. he had me to pull the plug, take the coax off the back (input one and two), and hold the power button for a min. when i turned the box back on. i could get to my dvr recordings and could get to the external drive. when i started to archive my shows it locked up the receiver about half way through the first show.

here is the interesting part... i didn't think this was possible (from what i read on this great forum. thanks scott. u rock!) he then had me to reset the receiver. turn it on and go to the point dish menu. he had me set the sat to 119 and transponder to 19. then turn the power off. (btw i have 110,119,and 129 on a old dish 1000). he said to leave the 722 off for 30 minutes while it downloaded a fresh copy of 616. is that possible? anyone think this will help?

if you read all of my ramblings, thank you
-nothing0

Nope, it will not download 'fresh' copy of FW.
You will need special secret remote sequence to do that; in real life it will happen only if your receiver got corrupted content of flash chip.

We wound up having the EHD being not recognized any more, plus we lost our "custom guide" channel lists & timers.
We've re-done the timers & custom channel lists but still have the "old" EHD which is going to wind up (hopefully) getting a recovery job on, one way or another.

I whined about it here: backing-up-usb-drive
'cuz that was the most appropriate related thread I could find after a 30 minute search.

yeah nothing worked. using a new 722 now. didn't get to back up anything either. :mad:
this is my 4th 622/722 (2-622/2-722 got an warranty upgrade when they ran out of 622s) in two years. they all died from different problems but its getting a little old.

We wound up having the EHD being not recognized any more, plus we lost our "custom guide" channel lists & timers.
We've re-done the timers & custom channel lists but still have the "old" EHD which is going to wind up (hopefully) getting a recovery job on, one way or another.

I whined about it here: backing-up-usb-drive
'cuz that was the most appropriate related thread I could find after a 30 minute search.

Search for Foxbat's experience then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts