Software Version 6.16

This is what I've seen with L616 so far:

* It fixed my problem with KGO (ABC channel 7) and OTA. No more audio drop outs.
* The folders on the EHD are still there. :)
* DishComm detects all the receivers I have whereas before it will only detect the receiver you were checking.

Yes, I do have UPS units and I know that's why it didn't work before but it looks like they did something to DishComm. BTW, this only worked on the two 622 receivers and not on the 722. I even plugged the 722 directly to the wall and it didn't detect the other receivers just itself.

Will update if I notice something else.

Got 616 overnight and my 622 seems to be the same. I did not have any problems with 615 other than a little lip sync on HD 5.1 channels feeding my Denon via optical. I'm not sure if its the 622 or my Samsung 52a650.

Mike

Probably made an unecessary upgrade to 722

I received 6.15 several weeks ago on my older 622 (probably original hardware version) and it became very unstable. Before 6.15, I had never had to perform a hard reboot (unplug) and only had a soft reboot about every 3 months. With level 6.15, I had about 3 soft reboots every day and had to perform 3 hard reboots to stop continuous rebooting. I called and upgraded to 722 last night. I haven't had any problems with it today and just checked after reading this thread and have 6.16. The newer 622 still has 6.14 with no problems. Probably time to have upgraded to 722 anyway.

It looks like Dish Network "spools" out new software versions from west to east. Has anyone else on the East Coast with a VIP722 box gotten L6.16 yet?

If so, what city/state are you in? If you have, tell us how it is working with the audio dropout problem when you either playback a "Timer" recording .... or you pause and then resume a "Live" program after a few minutes.

So far, looking good!

Haven't been able to duplicate audio dropouts on recorded/paused HD locals.

The momentary blackouts on various HD channels have ceased...at least I haven't seen any during my tests so far.

EHD folders and transfers work fine - though they did with L615 too.

Can't get OTA here, so others who can will hopefully post results of their test results.

It looks like Dish Network "spools" out new software versions from west to east. Has anyone else on the East Coast with a VIP722 box gotten L6.16 yet?

If so, what city/state are you in? If you have, tell us how it is working with the audio dropout problem when you either playback a "Timer" recording .... or you pause and then resume a "Live" program after a few minutes.

I have a 722 with 6.16 (specifically L616RJKD-N), and I live in Durham, NC. I never had any noticeable problems with 6.15 and so far 6.16 seems fine too.

Ted

One of the 622s went on a rebooting spree last night. I unplugged the 622 in the bedroom so I could sleep. Just came downstairs and the 722 is rebooting too. :(

The other 622 just rebooted so all 3 receivers have been rebooting since last night and the 3 have L616.

Last edited:
One of the 622s went on a rebooting spree last night. I unplugged the 622 in the bedroom so I could sleep. Just came downstairs and the 722 is rebooting too. :(

The other 622 just rebooted so all 3 receivers have been rebooting since last night and the 3 have L616.

my 722 rebooted by itself last night also. i looked when it got done and i still have 614.

my 722 rebooted by itself last night also. i looked when it got done and i still have 614.

What time do you have your daily updates to? I'm glad is not just L616 then and something they were doing that affected some 622/722 receivers. Unfortunately for me, it was all 3 receivers in the house.

I have a 722 with 6.16 (specifically L616RJKD-N), and I live in Durham, NC. I never had any noticeable problems with 6.15 and so far 6.16 seems fine too.

Ted

Well, my 722 spontaneously rebooted this morning when I brought it out of standby mode. Luckily nothing was recording! I hope this is not what I can come to expect from L616.

Ted

Ted

?? how do you get 616 in our area? did you have 615 as well? (I check every 2-3 days and have been stuck at 614.. and hating my audio every second of it...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts