Software Version 6.16

Has anyone else discovered that demand recording (Hit record when you are watching a show) will record until the HD is full?
I may have ran into this with the Ohio St vs Texas bowl game. When I looked at the DVR menu the next day, we had 1hr and a few minutes available and the game had recorded for 16+ hours. Even though it said there was time available, that is still an estimate and the drive may have in fact been full.

Here's a thread about something similar happening with a 211: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...1-211-recorded-rose-bowl-parade-76-hours.html. Odds are that Dish took the DVR-recording portion of the code and just copied it over vs re-writing it from scratch so it could very well affect different DVR models.

Has anyone else discovered that demand recording (Hit record when you are watching a show) will record until the HD is full?
Did this happen to you on L616?? My daughter demand recorded a movie yesterday (we were still on L614 then) and it worked OK. I haven't tried one on L616 yet...

This didn't fix my DishComm problems. The 2 receivers still will not see one another. It has been several months now since mine worked. Everything had worked fine until a software update awhile back. Keep hoping that they will repair it soon.

This is what I've seen with L616 so far:

* It fixed my problem with KGO (ABC channel 7) and OTA. No more audio drop outs.
* The folders on the EHD are still there. :)
* DishComm detects all the receivers I have whereas before it will only detect the receiver you were checking.

Yes, I do have UPS units and I know that's why it didn't work before but it looks like they did something to DishComm. BTW, this only worked on the two 622 receivers and not on the 722. I even plugged the 722 directly to the wall and it didn't detect the other receivers just itself.

Will update if I notice something else.

Did this happen to you on L616?? My daughter demand recorded a movie yesterday (we were still on L614 then) and it worked OK. I haven't tried one on L616 yet...
I demand recorded the last half of the awards last night and it stopped when the show ended. i am on L614 with my 722.

i got 616 on my 722 last night. now i cant go to channel 100 to check the weather. it gets stuck on 'the application is downloading' and reboots the receiver.

Dudeman - the problem you are talking about was fixed with L615.

L615 produced new problems in Saint Louis, which are still not fixed.

L616 fixes all the minor problems with L615, except it does not fix the Saint Louis problems.

I do not know why they did not spool L615 to North Carolina.

I"m in St. Louis as well. I'm not sure if my problems are specific to L615 or not, but over the last couple of weeks (within the spool period of L615, which I have on both my 622 and 722) I have serious problems tuning in my local HD's via SAT. I haven't noticed any audio dropouts when it is working, but when it isn't working I get no locals signal at all. Sometimes it's specific to a channel like NBC and sometimes it happens to multiple channels like NBC and CBS. I don't recall having any local HD problems before the holidays.

I will double check the software version when I get home and see if i've been spooled L616 yet and if so the state of my tuning problem.

Yesterday I had software version 614. This morning I had 616. Never did have 615. Everything working fine but then I never did have any problems. I have a VIP622. Sure do appreciate the folders on EHD. Makes for a list of fifteen shows instead of almost 200.

I have had 2 more problems since 616, both on WNCN (NBC). On the Nightly News from Tuesday and the Today Show this morning, there was a skip of about 60 seconds in the recording. I do not believe it was a signal issue as there was no accompanying error message. Hopefully, I am not developing a media error on the hard drive.

Ted

Were there any improvements in the Dish Online? I hate scrolling through over 100 shows, selecting one to download, then having to start scrolling from the top again instead of where I left off. Plus looks like they could organize that a little better.

My 622 has 6.16, I will check my 722 later. Haven't heard any audio dropouts yet, will have to keep my ear tuned for it. It was getting pretty bad on the 622, especially since it goes through the Yamaha for all sound. I don't know when it downloaded.

Were there any improvements in the Dish Online? I hate scrolling through over 100 shows, selecting one to download, then having to start scrolling from the top again instead of where I left off. Plus looks like they could organize that a little better.
I noticed that they will now let you search by HD content on Dish Online.

Not intuitive, though. After you hit "Search" you go to the column on the right and select "Sort". 1080p/HD will then be one of the choices.

This didn't fix my DishComm problems. The 2 receivers still will not see one another. It has been several months now since mine worked. Everything had worked fine until a software update awhile back. Keep hoping that they will repair it soon.

I, too, had this problem after 616 update on the secondary receiver, and just couldn't figure out how to get them to see each other. But I stumbled onto this:

1. Go to DishCOMM screen on receiver #1 and delete the secondary receiver.
2. Go to DishCOMM screen on receiver #2 and rescan.
3. Select "YES" on prompt.
4. Run Connection Tests.
5. If necessary, do a front panel reset.

This worked for me.

I noticed if you hit record on a show and the option is defaulted to "stop recording manually". So it will just record and record if you hit REC and then ok. Guess they designed it for VCR users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)