Question on the FTM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

twodutys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Brighton, Co
Wondering if the HR20 needs a software update for the FTM to work and also is the FTM furnished with the install for existing customers?
Thanks

Not sure I got the info from the owners manual online for the HR20. And I only have to runs of cable. So one run I want to keep my OTA on and the other run I want to be able to use both D* tuners on.

twodutys said:
Not sure I got the info from the owners manual online for the HR20. And I only have to runs of cable. So one run I want to keep my OTA on and the other run I want to be able to use both D* tuners on.

You can use a stacker and dual destacker, which will cost plenty, or just run another coax for a second tuner.

You _may_ be able to diplex OTA over one run while both runs will have LNB control, one would share (be diplexed) OTA, this may or may not work, depending on what satellites you will be using, and if and where the BBC will be used or not.

Last edited:
The Frequency Translation Module is not yet available, and I wasn't aware it was mentioned in the HR20 users guide, but I'm about to go check it out.

A stacker isn't a solution since those available do not support 250-750mhz for Ka-Lo.

Like he said though, you MAY be able to use diplexers depending on what frequencies are being used in your area and where you install the b-band converter.

edit: The brief FTM mention is on page 72.

Last edited:
Will the diplexers work with an amplified OTA. Thats my other problem that I have. When I finished my basement I thought the HMC would be out soon so I put in 5 runs to that location. But the HDTV that I using now won't fit down there. and there is no way to get another run to the HDTV without going all the way around the house. With the basement the house is a 3 level. So until they have a HMC solution this is my only hope other than a FTM which looks like thats not happing now.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my network switch is also in the basement

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)