Question on the new Sling hardware coming

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
I'm curious as to how it works. I know that it streams the information over wireless network. But say you have a 922, and you're using the Sling Receiver for another HD television in the another room is that considered using the TV2 output of the 922? Or can you connect as many HDTV's wirelessly to that 1 922?

The reason I ask is because my contract with D* is up in June and I'm thinking about switching to E*. I would like to go to a 922 in my main room and then the Sling receiver in my basement and then the wireless sling monitor in my kitchen. Just curious if that is possible.

You can only use one Sling receiver at a time, be it wireless, hard-wired LAN, or over the internet. The DirecTV DVR coming soon is much more advanced than the 922 as far as multi-room capabilities go, but that's a long wait.

So I could have both the sling receiver and the wireless monitor, but I would only be able to watch TV either in my basement or in the kitchen but not at the same time?

So I could have both the sling receiver and the wireless monitor, but I would only be able to watch TV either in my basement or in the kitchen but not at the same time?

Right. As I understand the Sling technology, it's more of a direct 1:1 link than a broadcast, unlike the TV2 modulated output, which is decidedly broadcast, but only SD resolution.

I don't think it will be "next" summer as in 2011. I am sure that it will come out this summer 2010.

ARE YOU CERTAIN:)

When I said next summer I meant the coming one.

Historically new boxes go FIRST to new subs, access to existing ones is much later. So you could be waiting a year.........

I'm with Directv so I would be a new subscriber. And I'm not wanting to do anything til at least late June, early July when my Directv contract is up. Even then I'm not sure that I will but I'm definitely going to explore my options and I was curious how everything worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)