Question re Ethernet Hookup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Z-Force

Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
My Ethernet router is downstairs, and my HR20-700 is upstairs. I also have an XBOX 360 upstairs. Does anyone use an Ethernet Bridge to connect their receiver or XBOX? How about a Wireless Access Point? I am looking for something inexpensive that will allow me to hook up both devices to connect wirelessly to my home network. Any help would be appreciated.

There are several game adapters you can get. I have a Linksys & a Buffalo but the Linksys only does one where the Buffalo will do both your XBOX & the HR20-700. Either way it will run you $60 to $80 bucks.

There is a wireless adapter you can buy that just plugs into a power outlet and connects back to your router.

I've never used one, though, and I'm not sure if there is a multi-device setup for that (multiple ports on one adapter) or if there is any lag time on the connection, which would be important for your gaming... I think it's somewhere in the $100 range...

EDIT: Obviously I was too slow.... :)

I use 6 of them (bridges) as well, but the Dlink DWL-G820. In conjunction with my wireless router (access point) Dlink DI-624.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)