Question re: how to get vod

vegas-steven

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hi,

i am a new customer with directv HD service coming. I have 2 questions re: vod

1. what is the standard dvr. is it the 700? Because they are not telling me what dvr i will get (it is on order and i get just an hd box at first)

2. do i need a special connection? My DVR will sit inches from my router (which has wired ports) and is connected via 10 meg/second cable to the internet.

do i need to ask the installer to leave any special ethernet stuff?

thanks.. he comes monday (tomorrow) and i am really excited about this vod idea as it is the missing link cable can offer me now and sat cant.

Hi,

1. what is the standard dvr. is it the 700? Because they are not telling me what dvr i will get (it is on order and i get just an hd box at first)

2. do i need a special connection? My DVR will sit inches from my router (which has wired ports) and is connected via 10 meg/second cable to the internet.

thanks.. he comes monday (tomorrow) and i am really excited about this vod idea as it is the missing link cable can offer me now and sat cant.

Everything for DoD is self install. All you need is a long piece of cat5e cable.
VOD will not be out mainstream for another month.

Hi,

Everything for DoD is self install. All you need is a long piece of cat5e cable.
VOD will not be out mainstream for another month.

Doesn't matter which HD DVR you get, they work the same and both are reliable.
You will need a ethernet cord , long enough to connect the two, in your case 6"s, actually whatever you have should work fine, ethernet cable wise.

Jimbo

Doesn't matter which HD DVR you get, they work the same and both are reliable.
You will need a ethernet cord , long enough to connect the two, in your case 6"s, actually whatever you have should work fine, ethernet cable wise.

Jimbo

You quoted me why?

Cat5e = Ethernet cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)