This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question re Legacy LNB with H24 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
These are the setting to start at with the dish ...
This has to be exact or you won't get anything.

Have you set up any D* dishes before ?

If the mast is plumb, I set the elevation and the tilt ... then slowly sweep for the Sat 101 signal.

I have set them up before a while back. Never had a problem getting some activity on the signal meter pretty quickly. Are my setting correct? (Dish Type: SL3 LNB, RB/INTL: None Selected, Switch Type: SWM LNB 8 CH)

Thanks

The issue going back to legacy is SWM mode does not send any power to the LNB, and legacy is not auto detect.

I switched a few over from SWM to legacy the other day. The key is to repeat satellite setup and have a known good legacy LNB hooked up that gets a signal.

Once it downloads the guide and runs the tests it’s on legacy.

I had to install an H23 at the police department yesterday and didn’t know if the system was SWM or legacy.

So I set the receiver on legacy and let everything auto detect if it was SWM.

It's a slimline swm dish so assuming you have the powerinserter correctly configured it will set the parameters automtically, which is what it is doing, you can't change the dish/switch/reverse band settings.you just need to find the 101 sat

119 also gets you more SonicTap channels as well. That’s why I have the Reverse Band 5 LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.