Question regarding 222 vs 222k

I just called dish and talked with a couple of representatives. They say the HD receiver upgrade would be free (though they can't guarantee which receiver) but it'll cost $95 for the technician to upgrade new dishes. Does this sound right? Kab mentioned the dishes upgrade should be free.

What are the chances that I'll get the 222k vs 222 when they upgrade my leased receiver? Thx.

You mentioned you have the Great Wall package. This means you have a 500+ dish. The technician will add an additional dual to your dish and possibly replace the switch, if you don't have a DPP 44 switch. If you would, go to the system info screen and look at what kind of switch it says you have and which satellite locations show up.

Thanks Tyralak. Technician is coming out today and Dish ripped me a new one. HD dual tuner upgrade is free, but the technician visit is $15 and upgrading the dish is $100, 2 year contract.

Tried many CSRs and all the tactics in the book, even threaten to cancel. They will not waive the $100 upgrade cost nor give any retention discount even though I'm out of contract. They have really really tightened up on these promotions. I used to get discounts/free upgrades whenever I was out of contract.

Sadly I'm married to DN since my wife wants the great wall package. Bit the bullet. Will see if I can convince the technician to give me a 222k by slipping him a twenty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts