Question regarding TitanTV.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

partyharty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Hello everyone,

I have all of my FTA/ota channels inserted into titantv so that I can see what is on tv at any given time. The question I have is, is there anyway to either download the listings as a text file/xml file or is there a parser that can take what you get off of there and format it out to a non-internet computer? I have an older tablet pc that I would like to put the data on however it does not have internet access and I am using a dialup connection so I am not connected all the time anyways.

I thought about taking automated screenshots and posting them over the internal network (this would be the safest way of doing things) but I wanted to see what all of you did first.

So how does everyone use it? Do you all just print out the daily stuff, do you have a internet connected pc in the living room, or is the feed just piped through a htpc. I have an htpc in the living room but would really like to keep it off the net (wife gets kinda ticked if it goes down due to a virus or other preventable issue).

Thanks,
Chris

I just use titan tv for looking up movies to record. I use the dvb dream and the dvb world usb device to record off of satellite dish that's usually pointed at g10r... just look up movies on weekends, set up the timer and go about doing whatever as dvb dream does all the pvr work for me. Nice since the computer's used for both the website and the dvr stuff... What's more, I also have an ati all in wonder in the same computer, and use that to record movies on ota channels... back to your question - I don't usually look up daily listings... We usually watch fox on KUIL or WMQF so we sort of know the lineup by heart for the most part.

I also would LOVE to be able to download titantv listings in xml but havent found how yet.

viewing them on the web isnt very convient, in xml format i could write a simple script to insert the epg data into sql so my dreambox could use the data for its internal epg ! :) that would be slick

Where there's a will there's got to be a way.... Here's an interesting google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=titantv+xml

I know that there was something like what you all are talking about that works with my ati all in wonder.. that's amazing for ota or cable captures.... it shows everything as epg, etc. The guy that runs the website that we aren't suppossed to mention here, but that you can sort of find if you go to whitesprings tv's site and look for their program guide is I think doing something sort of like what we are talking about here, but his focus is on movies and only certain channels... maybe talking to him, and some of the folks who make dvb dream can make something like this happen?!?

if someone could make a plugin that would do for dvb dream with fta what that thingy is that came with my ati all in wonder does with cable and ota channels, it'd bring sheer joy and happiness to me and many others!

So far what I have come up with is I am just going to use an older tablet and allow it access online (through a proxy server). I have allowed access in the past for my htpc however I am getting enough tv/movies/data etc on there that it is not going to be a simple reformat if I end up with a virus. I have a raid setup and backups but to be honest I really don't want to have to redo it (as I have more than a couple of hours in getting it "just right".

Another thought that I had (and played with a bit today) was to setup my main internet system to automatically take a screenshot at certain times of the day (and to have a batch file/macro file run to make sure the system was dialed up, on titantv.com and otherwise ready to go). I had it working pretty good but it seems like a lot of activity for what should be a very simple thing. Those pictures would go into a shared directory and then we could view them from any tv/computer in the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.