Question regarding Wireless router..

WIFi = PS3, Xbox 360( I can have the 360 hard wired), PC
Wired = VoD.

Looks like I am going to give it a try to the DI-624, now I am debating if I should buy it from newegg or amazon or my local BB :), Of course I would save some money if I did it online..

NEWEGG or AMAZON!

Make sure to ask if you are getting revision "C" (or up) "D" or "E"; I prefer "D" and NO WAY to "A" or "B" those are outdated.

You do not want the DI-624+ either (non-US model).

Since the DI-624 is near it production end you can sub a DIR-625 or a WBR-2310.

You also want to get a few of the D-link DWL-G820 adapters/bridges (revision "B").

Amazon.com: D-Link DI-624 Wireless Cable/DSL Router, 4-Port Switch, 802.11g, 108Mbps: Electronics

Wireless Gaming Adapter - DWL-G820 Wireless Gaming Adapter by D-Link

Hey, don't forget, any Amazon purchases should be made through the SatelliteGuys Amazon Store! That way, not only are you getting a great deal on new technology, you're helping to keep SatelliteGuys.US afloat!

Well I ended up getting the linksys router, I have my PC hardwired to it, no disconnects so far, 100% uptime, easy install.
I have my PS3, 360, HR20-700, and PC linked to it, and it works great, no lag, no issues when I have all 4 systems online at the same time downloading... no lag which is great! :)
I have 10Mbps connection with 1mbps upload.

This will teach me a lesson 50$ router > 200$ router.
I was worried at first, price would have made a difference, but it didn't.
I am happy so far with the results.

According to the Internet Storm Center, the first thing all of us should do with a new home router is change the Admin password to something stronger than "password". Second is to change the default IP Addresses the router uses to something other than "192.168.0.1" or "192.168.1.1". Third, and most important, is to disable UPnP. UPnP allows any node on your LAN to change most routers' settings without authentication, so a fake DNS entry can be made instead of your ISP's DNS, allowing "Man-in-the-Middle" attacks. You go to "bank.com" and the Black Hats give you the IP address of their Phish site instead of your bank's.

SANS Internet Storm Center; Drive-by Pharming and attacks against network infrastructure
SANS Internet Storm Center; Flash UPNP attack vector
US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#347812: UPnP enabled by default in multiple devices
That link is to the DVDs only. I thought we used to have a link to Amazon to buy other things?
I was able to search for any item in Amazon's store using the search feature at the top. I did some of my Christmas Shopping this way. For example, here's the link to OS X Leopard found through the Store link at the top of the page: SatelliteGuys.US HD-DVD / Blu-ray SuperStore! - Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard

Scott, correct me if I'm wrong about this...

Last edited:
IcEWoLF I have had the predecessor to the DGL-4500; the DGL-4300 running for over 2 years it has been great with wireless (I am running 3 wireless clients; laptop, desktop & wii) and 5 wired connections, HTPC, Vonage linksys PAP 2, Vip622, Slingbox and synology NAS/Media Server. Never had a problem with any of the firmware revisions and it has a great interface with a good deal of features.

I don't know if any of you realize that some Xbox 360 games (to go live) require a hard line. I have used my Linksys for Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 and it works perfect. To play Call of Duty 4, you MUST be hardwired. WIll not even log on with the router.

IcEWoLF I have had the predecessor to the DGL-4500; the DGL-4300 running for over 2 years it has been great with wireless (I am running 3 wireless clients; laptop, desktop & wii) and 5 wired connections, HTPC, Vonage linksys PAP 2, Vip622, Slingbox and synology NAS/Media Server. Never had a problem with any of the firmware revisions and it has a great interface with a good deal of features.

Tried everything, their support was retarded, kept escalating me...no use.
Internet wasn't my friend, google, techimo and other sites, none were able to help, just too much headache to configure a router, it took me 30 mins after it crashed to make it work again on my PC, just retarded, the signal quality was great if the router was in the same room, but if it was on the other room it sucked, how can it go to 54mbps and 90% signal strenght to 0 and take reboots and all kinda retarded stuff to get a router back online and to be connected to the internet? Thats not me, I am not going to fight with the DGL everyday for me to play games.
As of now my current router been kicking some ass, had all my systems running at the same time and downloading, no signal loss, great connectivity and there are barely any loss on speed.
I am happy with linksys, couldn't be happier.

Well I ended up getting the linksys router, I have my PC hardwired to it, no disconnects so far, 100% uptime, easy install.

what linksys did you get? I think I have to change my router as well, I notice when the router is connected I only get 13/4 speeds but without the router i get 27/4.5. also about once a week I will need to reboot it to get my things back online or if i try to upload files it usually give me a tough time anything of 2MB.

Glad you are happy with your new router. Did you look into the N draft routers by chance? I just got a new Dell M1530 and it has N wireless so I was thinking about getting one of the N drafts. Anyone else using an N draft router with their PS3 with sucess?

Thanks,
Jeff