Question that has probably been answered before on the HD Extra Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I just signed up yesterday for the extra pack free for the3 months online. Haven't I read here somewhere before that before the 3 months is up you cancel and it should give you the option of getting another 3 months free as long as they offer the deal online. Thanks--Andy Hope everyone had a great 4th!

it's possible directv has caught up to this. it's been 3 months since i haven't been able to add it back for free. can't complain though after doing it for 5 years......

A friend of mine cancelled it recently and tried to get it back for free and couldn't. It never made any sense to me that they'd let you do that in the first place.

A friend of mine cancelled it recently and tried to get it back for free and couldn't. It never made any sense to me that they'd let you do that in the first place.
To be honest, it never made sense that people who subscribe to the premier or the ultimate package don't automatically receive the hd extra pack, condsidering what they are paying.

I just checked since my 3 months were almost up. I can still reactive free for 3 months. Just needed to wait a few minutes for system to process and website refresh.

After reading the previous post, I attempted to get my 3 months free again. I canceled it without issue. I then attempted to re-add it and it told me I needed to buy an HD receiver and wouldn't let me proceed.

I am glad that I did this and had to call them to re-activate... ended up getting $20 off my bill for 6 months and $15 for the next 6 months!

Thank y'all for the answers. It also told me I needed an HD receiver. Just called customer service and they did add it for 3 months free. I was told that was a glitch in the system.

My free 3 months was up so I removed then added back online again 3 free months.

Strange why this still shows online and not for others.

Thank y'all for the answers. It also told me I needed an HD receiver. Just called customer service and they did add it for 3 months free. I was told that was a glitch in the system.
When you called was it automated or did you speak to somebody? I ask because a rep might look and see that you already have had it free for 3 months, where the automated system would not do anything like that. I have to shut mine off in the next 3 days and was just wondering about this in case I get the error that some people are getting when I go to turn the HD extra pack back on.

I actually talked to a rep to get it going. Had a hard time getting her to understand I already had HD service with 3 HD receivers just not the HD extra pack.

This is a little off topic, but I didnt want to start a new thread on it being its about this. Are the CW channels that come with it in HD?

This is a little off topic, but I didnt want to start a new thread on it being its about this. Are the CW channels that come with it in HD?
There are no CW channels in the HD Extra Pack.

I suspect you're confusing HD Extra (a nine-channel specialty package) with HD Access (access to HD content).

There are no CW channels in the HD Extra Pack.

I suspect you're confusing HD Extra (a nine-channel specialty package) with HD Access (access to HD content).
Yes that would be it. So I take it the CW is in HD then? I dont get the HD version with my locals.

I just completed another cancel/add cycle for the HD Extra Pack. Cancelled on the phone IVR system. Added it back 10 minutes later on the website. NOTE: I do not have a Genie on the account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)