Question to DIRT Member Western to Eastern ARC

hdflsts2002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2008
When I first had my dish installed years ago, the installer mounted a Dish Pro setup on the side of my house. Not a problem told them they could install wherever they needed. This setup is aimed at 110/118.7/119/129 Western ARC. The LOS clears the garage roof but not by a whole lot.

The last winter when we actually got a reasonable amount of snow I lost Most if not all channels. Called Dish as I have home protection. Service tech showed up and asked if I had requested the dish to be installed in this location. Told him no but also had no problem with it being there. He said my LOS is just clearing the garage roof and being we got more than just a couple inches of snow the snow on the garage roof was blocking the signal. He asked if I wanted it moved to the house roof, aprox 2.5 stories up. I said if that is where it should have been to ensure good reception then yes but not at that point in time. TV is worth him risking his life on a high snow covered roof. He did go on the garage and clear some snow to get my reception back. He told me that if I were on EA then I would be fine having the dish where it was as it would point totally clear of the garage but at that time my locals or my local in HD, I forget which were not moved to EA yet. He said he would notate the call and for me to call back in April/May time frame to have the move done and that it would be covered under my home protection.

I did phone back in roughly when he had said but was told that unless I was having an issue I could not have the dish changed unless I was willing to pay for the call and the new equipment. That new customers were being put on EA but existing were not be moved at this time. Possibly at some point in the future this would be done for free but not now.

My question is being that I have had issues with the location of the existing dish and will have them again should we get any real snow accumulation again this winter can I not have this switch done under my protection plan? First thing would be that it will eliminate the chance of having to have a tech roll again this winter to climb a snow covered roof and second it would eliminate the need to have the DPP44 switch and power injector in my setup. Making it not only a cleaner install but one with less components to fail.

When I first had my dish installed years ago, the installer mounted a Dish Pro setup on the side of my house. Not a problem told them they could install wherever they needed. This setup is aimed at 110/118.7/119/129 Western ARC. The LOS clears the garage roof but not by a whole lot.

The last winter when we actually got a reasonable amount of snow I lost Most if not all channels. Called Dish as I have home protection. Service tech showed up and asked if I had requested the dish to be installed in this location. Told him no but also had no problem with it being there. He said my LOS is just clearing the garage roof and being we got more than just a couple inches of snow the snow on the garage roof was blocking the signal. He asked if I wanted it moved to the house roof, aprox 2.5 stories up. I said if that is where it should have been to ensure good reception then yes but not at that point in time. TV is worth him risking his life on a high snow covered roof. He did go on the garage and clear some snow to get my reception back. He told me that if I were on EA then I would be fine having the dish where it was as it would point totally clear of the garage but at that time my locals or my local in HD, I forget which were not moved to EA yet. He said he would notate the call and for me to call back in April/May time frame to have the move done and that it would be covered under my home protection.

I did phone back in roughly when he had said but was told that unless I was having an issue I could not have the dish changed unless I was willing to pay for the call and the new equipment. That new customers were being put on EA but existing were not be moved at this time. Possibly at some point in the future this would be done for free but not now.

My question is being that I have had issues with the location of the existing dish and will have them again should we get any real snow accumulation again this winter can I not have this switch done under my protection plan? First thing would be that it will eliminate the chance of having to have a tech roll again this winter to climb a snow covered roof and second it would eliminate the need to have the DPP44 switch and power injector in my setup. Making it not only a cleaner install but one with less components to fail.
I will send you a PM about what we can do.

If you would go to an EA setup, you would still need your current dish for your internationals,(118.7). I am assuming you have internationals seeing you currently have a 1000+ dish. If no internationals, you could go with just the K.4 dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Nope, no internationals, not sure why original setup was 4 sat but it was. Zach got me all squared away! Surely there is a better acronym for them though. These folks are anything but DIRT, now some of the people I've had to talk to over the years on the phone..... now they were dirt, maybe even mud. :)

Some HD locals use to be on 118.7 but have since moved to 61.5 or 129
Pittsburgh
Charlotte
Damn I wanna say Detroit too

and a couple more

Some HD locals use to be on 118.7 but have since moved to 61.5 or 129
Pittsburgh
Charlotte
Damn I wanna say Detroit too

and a couple more

Oh now don't you ever insult Pittsburgh by mentioning Detroit in the same sentence with them. :) Sorry the Steeler fan in me just couldn't pass that by. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts