Question To the folks in Tulsa/OK DMA

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
KOTV OTA shows only Digital Service in EPG on my 722. It's the only one doing it. I rescanned and reset the receiver several times without a change. Anyone can confirm this?

Also I am supposed to receive KTUL, but there's nothing there. In fact it's suppsed to come in better than KJRH, but SS is zero.

Same with me for KOTV. Dish didn't remap the guide info when they moved to channel 45 yesterday. If it is not corrected send an email to dishquality about it. I sent one when KQCW went digital because the guide was only mapping to 6.2 and not 19.1. They replied the next day and it was fixed a couple of days later.
KTUL is now at full power 15kw instead of 7.5. Watching it right now. They shouldn't be protecting KTEN now, so don't know. I had to completely delete all the locals out of the 722 before it picked up everything.

Got a reply from the email I sent Saturday. It is being forwarded to the department that handles guide issues. So hopefully it is remedied soon. It was about 3 days after I got a reply the last time for KQCW that the guide info was corrected. So we will see.

Thanks guys. I've been looking into this problem myself. I'll shoot off an email just to back it up.

Anyone have any new info on this problem?

I shot off an email Monday to the tech department stating the problem, when it started, what I thought the problem was, and that it affected all of us in the Tulsa DMA.

Yesterday I received an email saying that they needed the following info before they could proceed;
How long have I had the problem?
• Software Version
• Receiver CA ID R00
• Smart Card CA ID S00 or S19

I explained the problem in detail, especially when it started, and that it affected the entire Tulsa DMA. I don't understand why they would even need receiver info, much less ask for info I put in the original email again.

I think this problem is back or it never went away.

We watch CBS on the DISH channel, but have an antenna and have always received the OTA signal just fine. I noticed this week that the OTA channel doesn't work...0 signal for 06-01...plenty of signal on 06-02 though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)