Question w/ local channels on DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stratusofrl

Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
mississippi
Hey guys, had a question and I couldn't find an answer through searching.

I'm in the military and I move a lot so I wanted to get direct tv and be able to get local channels through it wherever I go... specifically I want Chicago channels, and I'm about to move to central California. If I were to visit my folks back in chitown, get it set up at their house, then take the equipment out to CA would I still be able to receive the channels there?

Thanks.

Hey guys, had a question and I couldn't find an answer through searching.

I'm in the military and I move a lot so I wanted to get direct tv and be able to get local channels through it wherever I go... specifically I want Chicago channels, and I'm about to move to central California. If I were to visit my folks back in chitown, get it set up at their house, then take the equipment out to CA would I still be able to receive the channels there?

Thanks.

Sorry, but no. Except for the NYC and LA locals which can be received nationwide, all are on spot beams that can be received locally only.

and to add to that...only the Big 4 Networks are available nationwide...the rest are spotbeamed

Damn, would have been nice if it would work out. All I care about is FOX and getting Bears games on Sunday. I'd get sunday ticket, but I could spend that 300 grabbing lunch and beers at a sports bar so I feel like it's kinda a waste. Maybe could get some friends to jump in...

Any chance dtv would be adding chicago locals to national broadcast in the future?

Damn, would have been nice if it would work out. All I care about is FOX and getting Bears games on Sunday. I'd get sunday ticket, but I could spend that 300 grabbing lunch and beers at a sports bar so I feel like it's kinda a waste. Maybe could get some friends to jump in...

Any chance dtv would be adding chicago locals to national broadcast in the future?

If you get the ST, the Bears games (home) you see in Chicago would be on the locals only and not on the ST, however when you go back out west, you'll still be able to get the Bears games on the Ticket !

Sunday Ticket is free for new subscribers so you wouldn't have to pay $300. You could get it set-up after you move to California

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)