Possible switch to Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
I am a current Dishnetwork customer looking to possibly switch to Directv and have been receiving offers by mail for the past 3 years i'd say. So, is there a promo code or something on these offers? The reason I ask this is because I talked to Directv in the spring of 2008 about one of these offers, and the rep needed a promo code or something as such, but I could not find it. So, I was wondering if anybody else who recently joined Directv would know where I could find the promo code or any info from this offer to give to a rep?

No promo codes needed, if you were to call or go to there website you can review the current promotions for a new customer good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

No promo codes needed, if you were to call or go to there website you can review the current promotions for a new customer good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

I forgot to mention that they are saying that this is an exclusive offer being I am a former customer from over 13 years ago, and they are knocking off an additional $5 from the current offers on any of their packages and gave me this dedicated # to call 1-877-214-5453. So, that was the reason I was worried about a promo code.

No Promo codes here.
I just switched. The $5 off is standard. I'll tell you what I got from them for switching from Dish. Choice Xtra (210channels) and HD package (170 channels, duplicates of SD channels.) 1 HD DVR and 1standard receiver. 3 months of movie channels and 1 season of NFL Sunday ticket. I did auto billpay. $0 out of pocket. First 12 months 47.99. Second 12 months $78.99. I am satisfied with that package. But make sure you cancel the free promo channels before the deadline or it WILL cost you. Especially the Sunday ticket. (Non refundable after the second season starts.) No biggie, just remember your dates.

cappy29 said:
I forgot to mention that they are saying that this is an exclusive offer being I am a former customer from over 13 years ago, and they are knocking off an additional $5 from the current offers on any of their packages and gave me this dedicated # to call 1-877-214-5453. So, that was the reason I was worried about a promo code.

If they gave you a Special number to call, I would imagine that it goes directly to their promo dept.
No cade needed.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

No Promo codes here.
I just switched. The $5 off is standard. I'll tell you what I got from them for switching from Dish. Choice Xtra (210channels) and HD package (170 channels, duplicates of SD channels.) 1 HD DVR and 1standard receiver. 3 months of movie channels and 1 season of NFL Sunday ticket. I did auto billpay. $0 out of pocket. First 12 months 47.99. Second 12 months $78.99. I am satisfied with that package. But make sure you cancel the free promo channels before the deadline or it WILL cost you. Especially the Sunday ticket. (Non refundable after the second season starts.) No biggie, just remember your dates.
How much do they charge for lease on their receivers? I looked through the fine print and it did not really give me the full details other than saying if you have 1 receiver there is no lease fee, but then it says for first 2 receivers there is a $6 a month lease fee charge. So, I take it that they mean 2nd and 3rd receiver when they say first 2 receivers.

Did you check into the AAA offer? If you are an AAA member, you can get an additional $10 off per month for 20 months. There is a special number that you need to call here

The lease fee on the first box, whether receiver or dvr, is included in the monthly fee for whatever package you have. Every box after that is $6/month. If you have a dvr, there is a $7/month fee for any and all dvrs you have on the account.

Did you check into the AAA offer? If you are an AAA member, you can get an additional $10 off per month for 20 months. There is a special number that you need to call here

No, I did not know about that, but thanks for telling me. I am not a member of AAA, but I live with my parents and I believe they are.

Has anyone tried to combine the AAA offer with a friend-referral $100 offer? I just got one from my neighbor, I wonder if they can be combined.

Has anyone tried to combine the AAA offer with a friend-referral $100 offer? I just got one from my neighbor, I wonder if they can be combined.
Nevermind, I found another thread that stated you can pull it off, but have to call AAA first to get all setup and then call the referral number later and try to get it added on. I may try this.

I cant believe why people from Dish switch to DirecTV..Might be $5 here or there deferent between the 2 BUT is same o sh*t channels & service anyway But I think Dish/HD/DVR Boxes is much better DirecTV, just stick with ur same service anyway!

I cant believe why people from Dish switch to DirecTV..Might be $5 here or there deferent between the 2 BUT is same o sh*t channels & service anyway But I think Dish/HD/DVR Boxes is much better DirecTV, just stick with ur same service anyway!

there are advantages
1. mrv
2. lower fees
3. less drama with channel contracts
4. better sports
5. they actually have my locals

but all in all the services are very similar

It all depends on what you want. I liked the Dish receivers, and did not know how well I would like DirecTV receivers, however, I can say that the HR24 is excellent. It is as fast (to me anyway) as the 722K and the 922 were. I dont even mind the current GUI so bad. I am looking forward to the HDGUI though.

Can I get NFL Sunday Ticket and all MLB Extra Innings games in HD with Dish? Can I watch 4 different shows all in HD on four different tv's and record 4 separate shows all in HD at the same time for $25 a month in equipment fees (4 HD DVRs with free HD service)?

Nuff said.............

Well for one, if you need to save some money even if it only would be for the first year because of the new customer offer, then why not? I figure it will save me atleast $60 a month or more for the first year compared to what I am currently paying Dishnetwork.:cool:

Can I get NFL Sunday Ticket and all MLB Extra Innings games in HD with Dish? Can I watch 4 different shows all in HD on four different tv's and record 4 separate shows all in HD at the same time for $25 a month in equipment fees (4 HD DVRs with free HD service)?

Nuff said.............

Can't get the costly extra sports you ask about.

But I can watch 4 different HD shows on 4 different HD TVs while recording 3 or 4 HD shows per location for $30/month in equipment fees... So that's 8 recordings at a time for D* for $25 in equipment fees or 12-13 HD recordings at a time from E* for $30. That's using 4 HDDVRs with free HD service for either provider... :)

Well for one, if you need to save some money even if it only would be for the first year because of the new customer offer, then why not? I figure it will save me atleast $60 a month or more for the first year compared to what I am currently paying Dishnetwork.:cool:

How much equipment do you need? The upfront cost has to be figured into the overall savings and I've yet to be able to figure out how you can come up with $60 or more in savings per month for the 1st year. When I've done the numbers for 3 HDDVRs, the savings are minimal because of the upfront cost.

How much equipment do you need? The upfront cost has to be figured into the overall savings and I've yet to be able to figure out how you can come up with $60 or more in savings per month for the 1st year. When I've done the numbers for 3 HDDVRs, the savings are minimal because of the upfront cost.

I do not need 3 HDDVRs, I will need 1 HDDVR and 1 HD receiver and would probably either go with the choice extra package $29.99 a month for 12 months, plus DVR and lease fees or the choice ultimate package $34.99 a month for 12 months, plus DVR and lease fees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)